4

Steve notes down James' progress, he is trying to make James eat more often. He's getting tired of taking care. it is kinda exhausting.

"Steve..." James says carefully.

"Yeah?" Steve responds.

"Can you take me downstairs...?" James asks.

"I will if you take another bite, okay?" Steve asks.

James hesitates but nods.

Steve smiles proud and feeds James a small piece of apple. "You're doing so much better already. You're not really freaking out, okay you do, but it is okay." Steve says.

"I'm a failure..." James says.

Steve places a finger on his lip "Don't say that." He says carefully.

James nods weakly.

Steve picks him up and starts to carry him downstairs.

"Steve.." James asks.

"Yes Nugnug." Steve says, teasing him.

James sighs, he hates that nickname. "Can you place me on the sofa... I want to watch TV." James says.

"Of course." Steve responds. "And.. James. I wish I could safe you..." Steve sounds scared.

"Safe me from what?" James asks.

"Death..." Steve responds. "They keep telling you'll die..."

"I won't." James responds. He seems tired/exhausted again.

Steve has a worried look, he lays James down on the sofa and turns the tv on. He brings the remoter to James. "What do you want to watch?"

"Maths quiz.." James responds.

Steve chuckles quietly. "You'll always be a nerd, right?"

James gives him a weak smile.

Steve puts it on Net 5 where the maths quiz is on. He looks at James who fascinated but exhaustly looks at the TV screen.

Steve silently gets up, goes upstairs to get the bowl of fruits he left there. He'll try to find a way to feed James. He needs to get his friend to eat.

Steve comes back downstairs and goes to the sofa, looking down seeing James fallen asleep with his oversized glasses on.

Steve smiles worriedly, pulling the glasses off, revealing a few beautiful closed eyes. Steve carefully lifts James' head and shoulders up. He sits down and lays James down on his lap. stroking the cold cheek(bones).

"Jamie." Steve says softly.

James groans.

"Do you want to eat?" Steve asks.

"Sleep..." James mutters quietly.

"But you need energy sweetheart." Steve has gotten in a mothermode.

"Sleep..." James groans, annoyed by the fact Steve became a kind of mother for him instead of a caring friend.

Steve realizes and sighs. "I'm sorry."

James sighs tiredly. Closing his eyes again to sleep.

"I'll feed you when you wake James... You're not gonna get away from it." Steve says.

James nods weakly then falls back asleep.