Chapter Eleven

Carter returned to the room around one in the morning. I waited up for him but I didn’t let him know that. I pretended to be asleep when he walked in. I heard him talking. Was he talking to himself? Then I heard it: the voice of a girl.

“Are you sure it’s ok?” she asked.

“Yeah, she’s out cold. She won’t even hear us.”

            Out cold? You wish.

“Come on,” said Carter.

            I heard footsteps. He was heading towards the…bathroom? I opened one eye and watched him lead her into the bathroom. What the hell were they doing? Before the door was closed I heard the unmistakable sound of water running. I tiptoed to the door and pressed my ear to it. I wasn’t eavesdropping; I was investigating. They were talking again but I couldn’t hear what they were saying. For some reason they were getting closer to the door.

“I’ll be right back,” said Carter.

            Sprinting to the bed, I launched myself onto it and curled up, pretending to be asleep once more. The door opened and light flooded in. I opened one eye and saw Carter—no shirt and his jeans unbuttoned—walk back to the entrance of the room. I knew I shouldn’t have been spying but it was his fault for bringing a girl into the hotel room. He went back into the bathroom but I didn’t catch a glimpse of what he brought with him.

            I refrained from gagging when he kissed her. They closed the door again. Damn it! I crawled out of the bed and went over to the door. I then remembered that I put wire-taps in the room while he was gone. I got bored and decided to try out some equipment I bought a year ago. There was a mini camera that faced the door to enter the room, one in the bedroom, and one in the bathroom (not that I was being a pervert when I set them up). I fished the monitor out of my bag and plugged in my headphones.

            As I expected, they were making out. I gagged. Carter seemed to be enjoying himself. For some reason I suddenly remembered when his father said “absolutely no sex”. Looks like Carter is breaking that rule. Somewhere deep down I felt like a complete creeper but I couldn’t stop spying on them. Even when he took her shirt off I was still watching.

“What are you doing?” I whispered, as if he could’ve heard me.

            Frustrated, I turned off the monitor. I tore the headphones out of my ears. Let him do what he wants. I’m not his girlfriend or anything. I could care less about his stupid sex life. I squeezed my eyes shut and finally tried to sleep. When the muffled groans and screams started my curiosity got the best of me. I turned the monitor back on but they weren’t there.

            Behind the shower curtain, I could just barely make out the shadows of two people. Oh that’s great. He’s doing her in the shower I’m going to have to use in the morning. That’s just perfect. My temperature spiked. I was…jealous? I couldn’t understand why I would possibly be jealous. I didn’t like Carter. I turned off the monitor and threw it back into my bag. I wasn’t going to use it ever again.