Chapter Four

Blond haired guy happened to be really cool and we had a lot in common. His name is Tory. He just so happened to be related to Zane. No resemblance whatsoever. You may take my word for it. Ok well his confidence was definitely a Zane quality. Other than that, I immediately thought he was joking when he was cousins with Zane.

“No way,” said Tory.

“I’m not even kidding. My first day at school and Zane already started hitting on me."

“That kid has no shame.”

“I think its kind-of cute. I like confident men.”

“And I like confident women,” said Tory.

            Was I supposed to be the woman? Pshh…as if. I tipped back the final drops of my third beer.

“Well that’s it for me,” I said, finally standing. I stumbled to the side slightly and Tory caught me. “Thanks,” I said, embarrassed.

“Do you want me to call you a cab?” he asked.

“No, I’m walking. I still have a few more places to check out.”

“Mind if I come with?”

            We’d been sitting at the bar talking for over two hours and now he wanted to spend more time with me?

“I could use a companion,” I said, agreeing. We left the club together and I determined where we’d go next. “You in the mood for Chinese?”

“Only if you’re buying,” said Tory, repeating the very same words I said to him when he asked if I wanted a drink.

I chuckled. “Cute.”

“Just kidding. I don’t mind paying.”

“No, I insist,” I slurred. “My treat.”

“Well if you insist.”

“Have you no shame? You already gave in? You could’ve at least added another ‘no that’s ok’. Cheapskate,” I said jokingly. 

“Who am I to turn down free food?”

            I smiled. That sounded like something I would say. We entered a nearby Chinese restaurant and ordered. Sitting at the table I studied Tory a little closer. He had this cute boy band look going for him even though he was well over the age of N’ Sync when they were still together. His eyes weren’t that scary, bright blue I was so used to seeing all the time. His were more muted and pale but still vibrant. The beauty of young people! Tory was pretty skinny for a man. Sure his arms were slightly muscular but he had a better figure than I did. If you were to put us side by side, I’d say I look more like the dude with my muscular arms and toned legs..

            His lips were a little pouty and pink. Not too girly but not too man-ish either. At least one guy has heard of Chapstick. He was at least five inches taller than me and his voice had a low tenor tone to it. Tory was pretty much all around hot.

“Are you checking me out?” asked Tory, noticing my intense stare.

“No,” I sputtered, looking away.

“It’s ok. I was doing the same to you,” he said.

            Loving the honesty right now, I thought.