Chapter Three

“I don’t want to go to some fancy restaurant.”

“Adriana, please?”

“Fine, but don’t expect me to wear a dress.”

“You don’t have to. You look beautiful enough already.”

            I was thrown awake by Michael’s memory. A cold sweat coated my forehead. The room was pitch black but I could just barely make out the outline of my cell phone on the bedside table. I grabbed it, checking the time. Two in the morning and I was having nightmares. Jeez.

“You ok?” asked a voice.

Startled, I jumped. “Who’s there?”

“Carter. You stayed over, remember?”

“Oh, right.”

            I ran a hand through my hair and rubbed my eyes. I looked over the edge of the bed to the floor where Carter was lying. He let me sleep in his bed and took the floor. He was lying on his back with his eyes closed.

“I’m alright,” I said.

“You know, I’m starting to be able to tell when you’re lying.”

            Instead of answering, I sighed and went to the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face and stared back at my reflection in the icy liquid. Carter appeared behind me and I turned to face him. He’s shirtless! How can a guy have such a hot body? He noticed me staring and smiled.

“Like the view?”

“Don’t flatter yourself,” I scoffed.

“What about now?” he asked, flexing his muscles.

            It took of every ounce of my strength not to drool. I tried to leave but he was blocking my exit. Every time I stepped to the side, he followed.

“Do you mind?” I asked.

“Not at all.”

            It is two in the morning! What is he doing?

***

Carter’s Point-of-View

            What was I doing? My other half just so happened to be in the mood to come out and play. For some reason, I didn’t mind. I was bored anyway.

“Can you please let me go back to sleep?” asked Luna.

“Only if I can come too,” my stupid other half replied.

“It’s your place. Do what you want.”

            Was that a yes? I stepped aside and she walked past me. I followed closely behind, turning the light off as I went. Luna returned to bed and I climbed in beside her. My other half, I liked to call him C-2 (Carter 2), was telling me to do some bad things but normal Carter was turning red. What now smartass? As if to prove a point, C-2 grabbed Luna by the waist and pulled her close to him.

“What are you doing?” asked Luna, obviously freaked out.

“This,” C-2 said.

            He planted a kiss on Luna’s lips. Once he was satisfied, C-2 left leaving regular Carter to continue. Do I stop?

***

            Carter was acting really weird. Was this how other people felt when my other half took over without warning? Even if I was slightly weirded out I couldn’t bring myself to stop kissing him. His lips were so soft and sweet. I could feel his heart beating wildly just like mine. Was this going where I thought it was? This is what people call “heat of the moment”. Apparently Carter felt I too because he was now on top of me.