Chapter 7 The fire

I heard the sound of birds and someone saying, "Frost is waiting for you." I sit up and there was Vivian. I grabbed my brush and brushed all the knots. Well tryed anyway. I walked to my dresser and grabbed my barn outfit. Today is going to be the last day of summer break. So I try to look nice. I walked down stairs and grab 2 granola bars and scarf them down. I get a cup of orange juice and poor like a half of glass. I drink it all and give my mom and dad a hug before my dad leaves. I walked in the mug room and slipped on my boots and walked out side. I opened the barn door and walked into the barn. I when to the feeding area and grabbed some apples. I gave each for them one. I when on the hey stack and pushed 4 hey bails down and and put one in each of there stalls. Frost was old enough were she can eat hey and grains and not milk. I walked into the tack room and saw that Colbolts, Icys, and Sashas lead rope and halter was gone. So I grabbed Frost lead rope and halter and slipped the halter over her head and hooked the lead rope on her halter. I opened her stall door and saw that Vivian put Icy, Colbolt, and Sasha in the pasture, cleaned up the rounding pin. I walked Frost into the rounding pin and unhooked her lead rope, walked back into the barn and grabbed the training saddle. Which it is really small. I walked back out side and saw that Vivian was feeding her. She looked so calm, I never seen her that calm. I finished walking out side and put the saddle set on the rail. "We're only going to train for a little bit." I pulled out the bit, it lookes like she knows what it is. She starts to back up, Vivian calms her down. "We're going to try the bit today ok." I said in a squeaky voice, and it is like she understands me. I walk forward a little and hand out the bit, try to put it in her mouth. But she tryed to bite me. So I stick it in her wet slimy mouth and pull the reins of her head. I hurry and grab the saddle and put it on her, tightened it up. I got on her back and put my feet in the sturps, kick her side a little. I pull the reins left at frist she didn't turn left but after a while she got used to it. After 30 minutes we stopped and took a break for the day. I put the britle and saddle, all that away. I went to the house and grabbed my phone from the charger and told my mom that me and Vivian was going for a little ride. She said "it was ok." So me and Vivian ran back to the barn and tacked up Icy and Sasha, and rode out to the trail but we took a different trail. One that we never took. It was still day out, went to a waterfall. We felt the mist from the water and we tied up our horses on a tree, sat down by the water. I asked if she wanted to go swimming. But she said "I didn't bring my swim suit." I called her a chicken so she ran into the water. So I ran in the water and landed on top of Vivian. She pushed me off and we played for a few hours and went to the shore and got dried. After like 10 minutes of sitting on the shore we got on our horses and walked back to the farm. We saw smoke coming from the house but we though my mom was starting to make the boom fire, so we just took our time on going back to the house. We got to were the woods part opened and saw that the house was on fire, and so I ran to the barn and put Icy and Sasha in the rounding pin. I ran to the house crying "MY MOM AND BROTHER ARE IN THERE!!" I started to ball my eyes out. I told Vivian to call 911 and say "We have a fire and that there people in side the fire." So I ran into the house and tryed to find them. The fire was out of control, so I grab a coat and started to block my self from the fire, and I went to the sink and ran the water and grabbed a bowl or something and through the water on the fire. I heard the fire truck and ambulance sirens. I found my mom and brother by the fridge and I called the firefighters that my mom and brother was in the house. They came out with my mom in one of there arms and my baby brother in the other persons arms, and he was crying like crazy. The firefighter came up to me.

"Are you the daughter of Erica Ray? And her little boy Dice?"

"Yes. Why is everthing alright?"

"Yes she is not hurt nor your little brother. We contacted your dad Bryan?"

"Yes that's my dad. Thank you for getting here as soon as you could!" I said in a sad scared voice.

He walked off, while going to the guy who was spraying the house with water, and gave him a hand with it. My dad got here when they were testing my little brother to see if her breathed in to much smoke, which he didn't. I walked up to my dad were Vivian was and he was on the phone with Vivians parents.

"Anna come here!!" He yelled across the yard.

I walked over to my dad and Vivian. They looked at me in a weird way.

"What? Why are you guys looking at me weird?"

"We have a plan. You and your brother will be staying at Vivians house from a little while. We managed to get some of his clothes and blanket. We have a extra bed in the barn, so me and your mom will be staying at a hotel for a while. To find a house, we might already have on. But we did get a whole 3 boxes of your clothes in the barn."

"But dad what about school? And thoughts clothes are barn clothes."

"Well that's all we got for now."

I walked into the barn and yelled back "What about the horses?" I said in a sad voice. My dad said they will be staying at Vivians barn. I walked and grabbed 5 boxes and put all the grooming and cleaning stuff in the boxes. I grabbed all the halters and lead ropes and put them on the horses. Dad was getting both two trailers ready for the horses. I hurry up and lead all four horses out and put them in there trailers. It was about sundown when I fell asleep. And all I could hear was "Shhhhhh don't wake her up. She had a long day." And I felt someone pick me up and put me down, and I drifted off to sleep.