Blind Beauty | 17

Start from the beginning

    The Prince wasn’t near her or too far off either. But she could feel his piercing eyes breaking through her soul.

    “I’m fine.” was all she said, not having any strength to argue.

    He walked towards her and out of instinct, Arlette backed away.

    But there was something inside of her that regretted it.

    “Your father...” The Prince started saying. He was careful using his words.

    That got her attention, if it wasn’t already all on him.

    “What about my father?” Arlette interrupted quickly, walking back towards him. Did something happen to him? Arlette’s eyes stung with tears at the thought, but she pushed them away harshly, trying not to get ahead of herself.

    Now they were close. Close enough.

    “He’s very ill,”

    Ill?

    “My guardians found him in the Dark Forest this morning. It seems that he was bitten by something there.”

    No.

He couldn’t be serious.

    Arlette could feel her heart tear into shreds as shock and realization dawned in. “Bitten? He was bitten?” Arlette couldn’t believe it. “But my father knows how dangerous the Dark Forest is. Why would he be there?” She asked herself, walking backwards until her back hit the wall.

    The Prince was silent.

    Silence sank in.

    Arlette’s head snapped up, her voice quieter and almost cracking. “Why would you tell me this? Does my mother know?”

    “No one knows. The first thing Eric said when he woke up was to not tell anyone.” He walked towards her once again. His presence very strong, but Arlette didn’t care. That was the last thing that bothered her right now.

“But you.”

The Prince was dangerously close now as Arlette rested her head on the wall. But she didn’t have the strength to move away. Where would she move to anyway? She was trapped.  And as seconds ticked by, she could feel the heat radiating off of him, and his breathing delicately fanning her face. Arlette liked the feeling, but his closeness was getting to her. She felt a good stingy sensation all over. It wrapped all around her like a snake, overwhelming her. Her hands prickled, compelled with the craving to touch the art that was carved on him. The gentle pull she’d been feeling suddenly became stronger, more powerful and unbearable, it ripped through her mind and senses, luring her body in. Arlette’s mind screamed a word that was too embarrassing for her to even think. Her breath quickened, suddenly experiencing a destructive feeling of deja vu.

She placed her hand on his chest, very slowly and carefully. The small action making her body feel like it was bursting into flames. “Please,” she whispered, almost speechless by the overwhelming feeling he gave her.  “Let me see him,”

    ➳               ➳           ➳              ➳            ➳             ➳              ➳

Beast’s P.O.V.

If only she  knew how much he wanted to touch her. She was so innocent and pure, he’d been careful to even look at her the wrong way. He was a poisonous and deadly ink,  she was beautiful and pure, like freshly fallen snow. He didn’t want to taint her with his scarred hands or thoughts.