Blind Beauty | 24 (Epilogue)

This wasn’t meant to be this long but there were so many things that had to be covered so I was like why not? Okay, go read now.

EPILOGUE

Chapter Veinticuatro

Her grandmother, Lena—her mother, and sisters were in the living room, all stunned beyond belief at Arlette’s gift. But, in all honesty, that was the least of her worries. She had to admit though, it was strange actually seeing her family, and  their characteristics did impress her, but not for long.

Everything completely banished at the realization that she would never get to see her father’s face.

She was back from the horrible forest. The Prince was in his room, resting. He had been taken there because he was very weak, something she hadn’t expected. She thought he would regain his strength back right away, but he didn’t, making the walk back outside the Dark Forest become brutal.

Daisy had been outside like she had promised, waiting as she sat under a tree at a fair distance away from the Dark Forest. It was dark, but night hadn't fallen entirely. When her tired eyes fell on Arlette, then the Prince, it was an understatement to say she was shocked and about to have a heart attack. Arlette had quickly explained to her and when Daisy nodded through her paranoia, she helped Arlette with the Prince. Now Daisy was somewhere in the palace, quickly skittering to the bathroom when the guardians helped them with the Prince, telling Arlette as she quickly walked away, “I’ve been holdin’ it for so long, my poor bladder is gonna bust if I don’t go now,”

The King, though. He was another story.

He was out still looking for his son, but Arlette sent word to him that he was here.

“How could you?”

Something frightening and vicious took over her eyes. “He was ruining everything! All these years, I’ve worked so hard...to have it all destroyed...” Lena shook her head madly. “I didn’t want to do it. But he kept stopping me from doing my work when I was so close to—so close to—”

“To what? Killing me?” Arlette seethed, infuriated and shattered beyond belief. “How can you try to justify that? How can you try to justify your reason for killing father? There’s no justification to that! You killed father, mom. You killed him!” Arlette glared ferociously at the figure a few feet away from her. She had brown, wavy hair that stopped just below her shoulders and brown eyes that glowed with something strange.

Her mother, who Arlette began to think she was not on her right mind.

She had never been, actually.

“Wait...what? Ember and Cade had both gasped in unison, their voices laced with utter horror and shock, making Arlette’s head snap toward them. Both Ember and Cade looked at their mother; Cade staring at her with wide, crystal blue, frightened eyes and Ember on the verge of breaking down. Though Ember was the one who found her voice first, “...W-what you just said...Is that all...true? You can’t be serious, mom, right? You didn’t kill father. That’s just crazy, right?”