Truth or Dare?

"Richie why don't you just admit it already?!" Bev sighed, all the Losers were currently sitting in a circle in the middle of Bill's bedroom floor playing a heated game of truth or dare. Excluding Eddie, he was convinced he had come down with something while splashing around in the opaque lake water by the Barrens and insisted on staying home to get over his "illness."

"Because obviously I don't like anyone, and that was a fucking stupid question." Richie stated matter-of-factly closing his eyes and crossing his arms. Bev didn't look satisfied with his obnoxious answer and looked at the rest of their friends for help.

All of them knew Richie had a thing for Eddie and Eddie the same, they were getting annoyed at the constant flirting and the obliviousness of the two. They weren't even sure if the two were aware of their feelings, but they were determined to get them to come to their senses and finally get together.

" R-Richie you kn-now you can t-tell us an-nything right?" Bill asked quickly, trying to relive some obvious tension.

" Yes, I know that Bill I just don't like anyone like I said! Jeez get off my dick." Richie exclaimed looking annoyed, but also fidgety like he knew he wasn't fully telling the full truth.

"Can you stop being such a fucking dumbass Richie?! We all know you're in love with Eddie!" Bev snapped, she had been wanting them to get together ever since she became friends with all of them. Plus it didn't help how impatient and straightforward she was, especially in a situation like this.

Richie's mouth quickly opened like he was ready to insult her before closing it just as fast understanding what she said. His eyes widened and his shoulders tensed like he had finally realized something he didn't want to come to terms with. Everyone fell into an awkward silence. Bev smirked a little, clearly satisfied with his reaction, her anger was swept away as she looked at how stupid one of her best friends had been. Maybe she shouldn't have forced it upon him in a stupid game of Truth or Dare but she always envied their relationship and wanted the best for both of them, plus she was dead set on being the maid of honor at their wedding.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Mike unexpectedly spoke up and smiled a little, " go and get you're man." He had always known about them but being relatively new to the group, and very wise, he felt it wasn't his place to say anything.

"Yeah, go on Trashmouth!" Ben yelled excitedly, he was almost as much of a fangirl for them as Beverly.

Richie quickly stumbled to his feet and bolted out Bill's bedroom door but not before yelling back, " Fuck you guys for not making me see this shit sooner!" as a genuine grin spread across his freckles and he slammed the front door shut. He stepped over his bike kicking up the kick stand.

Mike flicked Bev lightly on her temple, "God, you're so impatient, they would've figured it out eventually ya know."

" I know..oh well I guess we'll just have to see what happens." she smirked brushing her short hair out of her face and smugly looking at him, the excitement practically radiating off her.

...

POV: Richie

I don't think I've ever pedaled faster in my life, not when Henry chases us, not when IT scared the shit out of me, I guess Eddie always did that to me. He made monumental things seem unimportant and small, he was always the most important thing I've ever cared about. How the hell did I not see it sooner? I could be such an idiot sometimes.

I parked my bike and reached up to his porch steps. I lifted my arm before realizing his mom would be home to "take care" of him since he was sick. Shit, I thought before an idea came to my mind.

I looked up at the tree convieniently planted next to his bedroom window, huh. I reached up and clumsily tried to climb the long branches until I finally reached up and tapped on his windowsill.

I heard light footsteps approach me and I started to rethink what I was doing. What if he doesn't like me back and I ruin our frendship? I'll lose the best think in my life. This is crazy, how could I have thought this was a good idea?

The glass was lifted and I saw his intricate brown eyes look at me in confusion, he looked tired and his face was paler than usual. I automatically relaxed and all those thoughts left my head, what was this boy doing to me? I pushed up my thick framed glasses and let myself crawl through as he moved aside to let me in.

"Why are you here Riche?" He asked, his voice sounded weak and like it hurt to talk. Wow for once he might actually be sick, I hope he doesn't have fever.

I stared at him, the words getting caught in my throat.

"...Uh.. well you're not feeling well right?" Are you fucking kidding me?

He coughed before replying, " Right... so what's you're point?" My hands began to sweat and my cheeks flushed.

" Well, I was worried about you and I thought I could help you get better." I really need to get better about saying what I'm feeling, I mentally groaned why was this so hard? Eddie is my best friend I tell him everything, so why can't I just come out and say it?!

" Oh, ok." He croaked out coughing, I noticed his face flushed a little when I lied him down and pulled the covers over him. I felt so bad seeing him like this, my feelings can wait, right now I need to take care of my Eds.

I quietly tip-toed to his bathroom hoping his mom would be too distracted by the T.V downstairs to hear me. I rinsed a small towel under some hot water and grabbed a thermometer under the sink. I slowly made my way back to Eddie's room.

His eyes were closed and I could see the slow rising and falling of his chest. Poor Eds, I thought miserably as I folded the warm damp towel on his forehead.

I couldn't help myself, he looked so cute and peaceful, I carefully sat down on the bed and placed his head gently on my lap. I silently tried counting his freckles and played with his chestnut hair. Instead of ignoring the flutter in my stomach I took it as a sign that I needed to tell him how I felt about him soon or I'd blow up. But that could wait, I smiled looking down at him, I'll tell him when he wakes up.

Holy shit 100 reads?! That is a lot more than I expected writing this shit, anyway if y'all have any request just comment and I'll try my best to write it! Quick shout out to sarahcardillo03 and zachherronsboo42 for convincing me to write this horrible book.

~DD