Haunting Memories

POV: Eddie

It was the last day of our traumatic summer. We tried to forget about that stupid clown but I'm sure all of us would remember it for the rest of our lives. We had spent the rest of our time off trying to distract ourselves from what happened, we never brought it up once again since we defeated IT. I could still see IT everywhere we went, the cliff, the barrens, hell even my own living room, I was being haunted by Memories. I never told the rest of the losers club they all seemed fine with what had happened, they all had closure. I woke up heaving as my sweat stained shirt clung to my rapidly moving chest. I needed to get this fucking thing out of my mind.

I quickly called up Richie not even realizing I pushed in his phone number, until I heard his rough tired voice, shit why does he sound so hot?

"Hey Eddie why are you calling me at 4:00 in the morning of our last day of break?" He sounded a little annoyed I suddenly felt bad for waking him up and not checking the time.

"I-I'm sorry it's nothing i shouldn't have called." My voice cracked as tears filled my tired eyes and started to tip and pour out. " Eds, what's wrong are you okay?" Concern filled his groggy voice and I felt worse and embarrassed about the whole thing.

"I'm fine really it's nothing I'll see you tomorrow or something." I said as I wiped the snot on my sleeve quickly realizing what I had done and how much bacteria boogers had I slipped off my sweatshirt and put on a new clean shirt.

"Ok whatever you say Eddie Spaghetti" I groaned at the stupid nickname and hung up. I curled into a tight ball and lied down on my stiff bed reminding myself of the horrid dream, tears wetted my sheets and pillow.

After about 30 minutes of me hopelessly crying out in misery I heard slight taps at my bedroom window.

Fear coerced through me as I sat up and slowly stepped towards the noise. Lifting the glass up I fully expected to see IT smiling back at me with his rows of teeth and his terrifying makeup, but instead I came face to face with black framed glasses and gleaming dark hair. I slumped my shoulders in relief and took a breath.

"I'm sorry Eds but I couldn't sleep with the thought of you going through something without me by your side" He said wiping a tear from my blotchy red face. I stepped aside and let him climb through as I shut the glass.

"Now, please tell me what's wrong so I can sleep peacefully with your mom in bed next to me." He said  smirking at his sentence before concern filled his mud brown eyes. 

I glared at him then sat down slowly telling him about IT and how much the thing terrifyed me to no extent all summer, even in my nightmares. "Eddie IT is dead remember we killed-" "You don't fucking know that Riche!" I yelled before quickly shutting up remind myself of the time, and my mother sound asleep in her room. He sighed, " I guess you're right, but Eddie I swear I will do anything to protect you from harm. If that stupid fucking thing ever comes back I'm here.. all the Losers are here. I promise it won't get near you." He finished looking straight into my eyes making my heart flutter, why do I feel so much better about everything with him next to me?

"Richie, c-could you please sleep here tonight... to keep me safe?" He looked to the bed then back at me and lied down smiling and pulling me down with him. He pulled the covers up over both of us as we faced each other and closed our eyes. I felt warm and protected as his legs tangled in to mine and we held each other like our lives depended on it.

I think with him as my protector I'm going to be alright.

Heya, hope ya liked the story. All characters belong to Stephen King. I'm really sorry if this sucks, anyway there's my first oneshot.

~DD