"Why not? She has suffered too in all this", by this time Julianne was already here. "Julianne, please tell them what you know about Sam."

"What do you mean, what she knows?" This was getting too heavy on me.

"Aunt Rose please, just let it be. I might be wrong. And anyways it doesn't matter now. Oliver loves her", Julianne said clearly trying to hide something.

"That is why it matters the most now Julianne. I want my son to know that the girl he loves is a cheat and after his money and nothing else", my mom was spitting venom on me.

"Enough! Julianne tell me what you know", I said digging daggers onto hers. My eyes were burning with fury right now.

"Er... Actually Oliver you remember Sam's friend with whom she came to dinner that day? Er.. actually he is not just her friend, but they are a couple", she said avoiding an eye contact.

"And how do you know that?",I challenged her.

"He told me himself. His name is Ben. He came to my hotel the next day and asked for my help. He told me that Sam had told him that his boss has fallen for her and she can use him for her own personal gains. She had joined your office with that intentions only. She wanted to have a fashion house of her own...".

"Ok stop. Stop it Julianne. You are lying", I couldn't let her complete what she was saying.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me that is why I didn't tell you earlier. But if you don't believe me, you can check the CCTV footage of my hotel of that day. You can see that he was there. You can check with the receptionist too, if he visited me or not."

I couldn't believe whatever was happening. "Why did he tell you all this?", I asked.

"Because he was not happy with Sam using you and getting closer to you only to use you. He is a nice man, I think."

I kicked a vase kept in my vicinity with all my strength to avoid harming Julianne for accusing Sam and the vase turned into sand the next moment.

"What the hell, Oliver", mom said in a hushed tone. She was still more concerned about the guests and her public image than his heartbroken son.

"I refuse to believe you Julianne. I know my Sam, she loves me a lot", I said and left from there. I could hear Claire and mom's voices in the background calling my name but I chose to ignore it. All I wanted was to get back to Sam as soon as possible. I wanted to hold her, kiss her and ask her to look into my eyes and tell me that all this was not true.

                       **********
I tried calling Sam on my way home, but she still was not picking my calls. As soon as I reached the parking lot, I jumped out of my car and ran towards the elevator and rushed in.

I quickly came into the house, took out my coat and threw it onto the floor. "Sam,...Sam...where are you sweetheart?" I screamed while looking into each room and every corner. After searching for her like a crazy man running after his shadow, I realised that she was not in the house. I plopped down onto the sofa resting my head on my hands. Julianne and Mom's voices were still echoing in my ears. I had so much pain inside my head that I could feel it explode. There was only one way to find peace right now. I had to talk to Sam. I knew there was only one place she could have gone to. Her house. I just hoped that she was not with Ben. But either case, I still had to see her. So I got up to go to her place.

                         ********

As I reached in front of her house I could hear their voices tearing up the silence of the night.

"You shouldn't have come here like this Sam. It might upset him. You remember last time he got so furious when you came here." I heard Ben speaking.

"I know, but I had to see you Ben. I was feeling so low and only you could make me feel better."

"Oh Sam don't worry everything will be fine."

"How? His mother hates me."

"Give her some time Sam. I'm sure Oliver will mend up things between you and his mom."

"I don't think so. Not until Julianne is here."

"Why? What did she do?"

"I am not sure but I think she's planning something against me."

"Planning? You think she loves Oliver?"

"No, it doesn't seems so. But still, something about her offs me. But I am not sure."

"Don't overthink Sam. Everything will go according to the plan."

Plan? What plan? Was Julianne right about them? A whole new set of questions started bothering me now and as I couldn't take all this anymore, I knocked on the door.

I heard whisperings for quite sometime after which finally Sam opened the door.

"Oliver, come in", she said tugging a strand of her hair behind her ear. I looked around the room. Her bedsheet was all messed up, but Ben was seated on the sofa, as if he had moved there just to show me. I looked again at Sam, her hair was all messed up. Her mascara and lipstick had smudged up. She was still wearing the gown but it was all crushed up.

Suddenly a gory feeling hit me hard. What if Julianne was right? But I pushed that feeling away and once again looked at Sam. I came near her, held her hand and brushed her cheeks lightly and gave her a kiss on her lips. "Why did you come here sweetheart? I'm sorry about my Mom's behaviour."

"Oh no, don't be sorry. I am sorry I made you eat that strawberry cake", she said coming out of my arms. I didn't like it. Was she not comfortable being all cuddly with me before Ben?

I came near her again, tied her up into my arms and gave her a passionate kiss. I kept kissing her for a little while when she pushed me lightly. "Oliver, please stop."

"What happened?" I asked feeling rejected.

"You should go", she said bluntly.

"And you? Aren't you coming with me?"

"No. I have decided to move back here." Now I was mad.

"Of course. I can see why?" I said giving Ben a hateful look.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked turning me towards her. I had had enough already and I just wanted some peace so I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and said, "Sam, I don't want to argue. Please come with me. Let's just forget everything".

She took my face in her hands and she spoke looking into my eyes, " Oliver, I am really sorry, but I think it's better if I stay here for the time being."

I lost all my cool after this. I was literally begging her to come with me and she was rejecting me again and again before this filthy bastard. I pushed Sam away from me and she almost lost her balance and was about to fall when Ben held her. "Here Ben, you can spend as much time with your girlfriend as you want to, coz I am done", I said with a huge amount of hatred in my heart.

"Mr. Taylor, I am sorry if I had offended you in anyway. I think I should leave you two alone to talk", he said.

"No Ben, you are not leaving. Oliver get out of my house now", Sam screamed at me with blurry eyes. I could clearly see pain in her eyes and I immediately regretted my action. I moved towards her but she stopped me on my way placing her hands against my face and spoke,"I said leave".

I looked at Ben who was still holding her by her waist and then back again at Sam, her face was now red with anger and pain and her cheeks were flooded with tears. I couldn't hate myself more to hurt her like this, but I knew she would not listen to me right now so without saying anything I slowly walked out of there.

################################

Phewwww this was the hardest chapter to write. A lot of emotions, tears, hatred. How was it?

Please vote and comment.

Love you all 😘😘😘