45

As soon as I did so...the candles I had lit in the room, all blew out. "Ed...Edwin?!" I gasped, quickly pulled at the shades. Letting the small amount of sunlight still left make the room lighten up a bit.

My eyes worriedly, bounced around the room. Going to where the candles were. No small boy was over them, smiling like I supposed their would.

I took a few deep breaths as my eyes traveled slowly over every inch of the room....finally making it to bed where to the two most innocent souls I knew laid.

First, I thought my eyes were surely deceiving me... I closed my eyes rubbing at them before opening them once again, and blinking a few times.

I was not going mad.
I could see it.

A man in a black cloak....stood over the bed on Sarah's side. My voice lost its inability to function for a moment...as my eyes widened. Not believing what I was witnessing.

My throats felt dry as I tried to articulate my words. I was imaging things...this was an apparition...yes! "God....is, is that you?" I questioned tentatively, waiting for an answer.

The hooded figure was looking b down...but at the sound of my voice, it looked up. Crimson eyes that had small black pits in the middle of them glowered back at me. My stomach tightened.

"I am king to some...god to many," The voice creature answered as I felt myself reaching for a candle stick nearby.

Who was this person? "Before you have the idea to yell..." he trailed off as the candles lit up suddenly. My eyes adjusted to the new source of light...and I gasped at what I saw.

He had a dagger, pressed against Chelsea's neck. "You will bequiet and answer questions for me, yes or I will end her life."

This was heinous. Horrifying. Who was this man and how could he make such threats! This was a child...he would kill a child! "Who are you?! What do you want?" I hissed out, the man chuckling as I held my candle stick holder.

A chuckle rose from his lips. "I was going to question you but from that large bite mark on your neck, and your hair and eyes you must be Sirus's second whore of a wife. The human princess Esmerelda."

I clenched my fists to my side, focusing on the dagger that was held to Sarah's neck. Not at the insulting words he had just told me. "Again, I ask, what do you want?"

The man chuckled, "Not a question of want, but need, whore. I need this girl right here, and I need your husbands heart in my hands. If you can provide your husband for me, I will take his heart and this child and go."

What? Who is this man and why does he want Sarah?! I can understand why many would want Sirus's head or heart but Sarah? Who had done nothing in her short life to acquire enemies. "What do you want with a child, you bastard?"

"She is my Queen, human princess."

My stomach felt sick. My head get lightheaded. This could not be happening. I only knew of three kings. Sirus, King Loche...and the Vampire King. "You....you cannot...you are the Vampire King?"

"Yes, I am aware of who I am, insolent princess."

"I am a Queen!" I snapped, "and you are a sick bastard wanting a child as your Queen!" I gripped the candle stick tightly, having the strong urge to throw it at his head!

The man sighed. Loudly. "You are a princess to me. I do not recognize these animals as a kingdom so to me you still remain the princess of that weak human kingdom and as for the girl, I am aware that she is a child. With time she will become a woman and that is when I will make her my Queen. You are the sick on for thinking a man might take a child as a Queen," the man snapped. "Now I understand why my old friend and you have married. Both sick and dumb."

I threw the candleholder at him out of sheer anger. I wanted to call Sirus right in here just so he could kill him! I watched the candle holder ft across the room and as soon as it seemed as if it would hit him, it remained suspended in the air. Floating above the man's head. "That was a good attempt, Princess. Now,  fetch the King for me."

I had realized two things in that moment. That he was as skilled as Hilda and that he was threatening me with killing Sarah...but he would never since he claimed that was his bride.

So I ran to the bed, grabbed Edwin's sleeping frame and screamed. Screamed so loud that it was impossible for the guards, Sirus, Rowan and probably someone outside of the castle to hear me.

As I struggled to hold Edwin, I watched the door being swung open and the Vampire King chuckling. The only thing I could see thanks to his obnoxiously large cloak, was his mouth. He was smiling, showing off ivory white fangs...

******
Sorry it took so long I literally wrote this chapter like three times and the fact that finals and stuff are coming up. I'm freaking pooped man but I haven't updated in awhile so here you guys are.

Finally met Talon. First thoughts? I mean you guys met him last chapter but he didn't talk much..

Anyway, I'll update 45.2 next week, and the next chapter of Queen of the Dragons is also up too!