Prologue

Faster. Run.

Another shot sounds in the forest, shattering the night silence into a million tiny pieces and fueling my fear.

I'm running faster than my legs can carry me. It's not enough. I need to go faster, deeper into the forest, where he won't find me.

I'm leaving blood trails in the forest bedding. My naked feet have been torn to pieces, sliced in every inch of the skin. With every step I take another stick or stone rips at the tender skin, and I have to fight the urge to fall to my knees and huddle up, have to remind myself what's at stake - what will happen if I do.

Another wind gust blows through the forest, rustling the leaves. The bone chilling air rattles me to my core. The thin fabric of the night gown holds nothing out. If I wasn't running for my life I would take notice of the blue shade that my skin has taken on.

I had no choice. I had to leave.

My lungs are crying out for oxygen, but there's nothing I can do about it.

If I stop now he'll find me. If he finds me, I'm done for. And if I give up like this, then what was it all worth?

♦♦♦

If you're reading this, you're my favorite person by default. No questions asked. 

This story is my experiment with the darker side of fluff, and although all fluff is by default amazing (because fluffiness) I'm especially excited for this story. These chapters are dedicates to readers that's had a special impact on me.

Lastly (I promise) it would make my world if you would share your thoughts with me, 'cause hearing back from you is my favorite thing about this place!

xx