Chapter Thirty-Eight

“We need to find a tactical way to get rid of this organization once and for all. I won't be able to go back in as they know I'm the one who helped them escape, and they probably won't have anyone else come into their organization seeing as I just betrayed them, but we need to find a way to wipe them off the map before they can come and trying to find us.” Thomas and Jaxon are talking to eachother softly in the kitchen, probably hoping that I don't hear them, but for some reason my ears have been really sensitive to noise lately. I'm hearing a lot better then I use to. I don't know what it is about, but I think it is related to how I blacked out when we were escaping the warehouse we were being kept in.

“I think we need to blitz them. We let them get away with what they wanted to get away with for so long, it's time to show them that they aren't going to be able to walk all over us.” Jaxon puts in. I know his answer is mostly out of grief and anger, but I agree. This idiots have gotten away with this, and whatever else they have been doing the past years because no one has been able to find them, but now that we have a starting block to their operations, we could find a way.

“I don't want to be the one to point this out to you, Jaxon, but the pack is weak right now. They haven't had proper training in years, and our numbers are way down. We wouldn't be able to defeat that many rogues by ourselves, we are going to find a pack that would be willing to help us. Not many will be willing to work with us since we having built any treaties in the last few years.” I hear Jaxon grown at this before they both become silent, probably thinking over the information swirling around in their heads.

“What about my father's pack?” I say levelly, knowing they will be able to hear me talking even though my voice is at a neutral level. I can hear their footsteps as they walk into the living room. Matthew and Jules top playing with their toys for a second when he first walk in, but continue to play their game when they see it's still adult conversation time.

“Would your father be willing to help?” Thomas asks as he leans against the wall. He seems almost as interested in I am in how I can hear their conversation even if they are a few rooms away. I look away from his inquisitive face and turn to Jaxon.

“Tell him that it has to do with the people who kidnapped me, then for sure they will give you everything you could need to take down the bastards. We might not all be on the same track right now, we might still be recovering, but family is family, and family always helps family when they need it. Whether you like it or not, you are family now, Jaxon.” Jaxon smiles at me before turning to look at Thomas, who is still staring at me, but he quickly looks over at Jaxon when he growls lowly at him.

“It should work, they have many more experience warriors that will help. I'll call them and set up a meeting for them to come.” Thomas gives me one last lingering look before he leaves. Jaxon gives both of us weird looks, but I only look away. If Jaxon hasn't realized yet that something is really wrong with me, I don't want to give him any clues. I want to be able to hide this for as long as I can.