Chapter Seventeen

The whole backyard is so crowded that I'm not sure where to look for Jaxon. If he told me where he was going before he took off i would t have this problem, but u am grateful that he let me deal with my family by myself. I dont know if I want to be dragging him into that kind of stuff quite yet, since I haven't even introduced them to eachother yet, it might end up being a little awkward.

"Excuse me?" I turn around to see a small boy standing behind me. The smile he gives me is so hopeful that I feel my own chest begin to fill with the emotion.

"Yeab, bud? Something I can do for you?" I ask as I crouch down to his level, he seems to be no older then five, all of his baby fat still intact on his body, but can speak mostly clear.

"Can we be bestest friends? I don't have a lot, and you seem really nice, plus Alpha Jaxon likes you, so I like you too, Mr." I can't help the smile on my face as I look down at the cute kid.

"Of course. I would love to be friends with you. Maybe we should talk to your parents first though before you run off with me?" I ask as I grab his small chubby hand and pull him next to me, still crouched slightly so I don't pull his arm out of the socket.

"We don't need to do that. Mommy is sleeping and Daddy hasn't come back yet. He left a long time ago and it makes mommy really sad. She just drinks out of glass bottles and breaths in this stuff that makes me cough. I'd rather be outside then in there." My heart tugs as I look down at the happy boy. His father left him and his mother is a druggie and an alcoholic, yet he still ended up this innocent.

"I'll tell you what." I say as I crouch down once again to stop thw happy boy. "If you ever feel as if you aren't being taken care of good enough or if the stuff your mommy breaths in becomes too strong, or your mommy becomes mean to you, you find me or Jaxon and we'll help you get through it. Okay?" The boy nods up at me before giggling again.

"I don't know your name yet little man! Tell me, tell me, tell me!" I fake plea as I pout my lips and widden my eyes drastically. The boy giggles as he wraps his arms around my neck.

"I'm Matthew. What's your name? Everyone just calls you Luna." He asks back as he hops up and down in my arms. I stand up suddenly causing him to squeal out.

"My name is Remy, not anywhere as cool as yours." I say with fake sadness that causes Matthew to start giggling again. Suddenly he points at something, or someone, over my shoulder.

"Look, It's Alpha Jaxon, and he is coming over here. Do you think he would want to be friends with me too?" Matthew asks quickly and quietly as he continues to look over my shoulder. I smile when I notice the obvious adoration he has for his alpha. I'm glad that he hasn't turned out for the worst and still has all of his innocence and all he has to worry about is having friends to play with at the park.

"I'm sure he would love to be friends with you." I assure him quickly before turning around and smiling at Jaxon who gives me one in return causing my heart to skip a few beats.

"Hey, Remy. And who is this?" Jaxon's eyes turn playful as he turns to look at Matthew. Matthew smiles shyly before whispering his name quietly and hiding his face into my neck.

"Well Matthew, it's nice to meet you. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to join Remy and I this afternoon? We were planning on having a movie marathon to relax for a little while." Immediately Matthew perks up and his shyness soon disappears.

"Yeah, I would really, really, really love that Mr. Alpha. Can I please join you?" Jaxon nods before grabbing my arms and pulling me so his arm can wrap around my shoulders.

Matthew talks the whole way as we walk to our room, asking what movies we are going to be watching and giving us his opinions on what we should watch. All in all catching our attention for the whole trip so we can't notice all of the looks directed our way.