Chapter Thirty-Six

Jules seems to hide further and further behind my body with every step we take closer to Jaxon, who is still talking and smiling to a happy Matthew who is clinging onto him with all he has. It seems to give Jules some bravery when he sees how Jaxon and Matthew are behaving towards each other because he steps out to the side of me so he is visible to both of them.

“And who is this cutie?” Jaxon asks as he sets Matthew on his hip so that he can look at the both of us. Jaxon has that cute little confused frown on his face, but there is almost a hint of recognition in his eyes, but almost as it he doesn't recognize who he is staring at. Jaxon and Jules look very much alike, the same eyes and hair color and the same nose, I'm sure once Jules gets older he'll look just like his older brother.

“Jaxon, this is Jules. He was in the compound with us.” I say as I pull Jules forward a little so he was standing in front of me. I let go of his hand and push him towards Jaxon. Jaxon seems frozen as he stares down at Jules. The recognition now clear in his gaze as he looks down at his long lost baby brother.

Jaxon sets Matthew down on the ground, and Matthew comes running to me and jumps into my arms. I think he is just as interested as I am to see how Jaxon will react to finally finding his baby brother again after all of these years.

I told both of the boys how distraught Jaxon was when he said he had to stop looking for Jules. He knew he had a pack to lead, but that he would never forget about his baby brother that he loved so much. The once fearless alpha now feared everything, even his own kind. Jules says he understood why he stopped looking. If he was in Jaxon's position he knew that's what he would have done. He said as long as I was always kept in the back of his heart, then I don't care that he stopped looking.

Tears fill Jaxon's eyes as he falls to the ground on his knees with his arms open. Jules takes the invitation as it is and runs into his brother's arms for the first time in his life. It's beautiful to watch their reunion, seeing how Jaxon is rubbing Jules back and he cries into his chest, or how he smooths down his hairs and picks him up in his arms causing him to wrap his thin legs around Jason's waist. Jaxon has tears running down his face as he keeps his head stuffed in Jules’ neck, sniffing his scent for the first time in almost six years. Smelling Family and pack for the first time in a while.

I don't want to break them up, but Jonathan was right, we can be sitting here in the open for anyone to see us. Even if we are deep in the woods, anyone with enough motive could drive out here and see us.

I walk forward with Matthew in my arms, Jaxon opens his eyes when he hears me coming and looks down at me. I simply hold out my hand in invitation and wait to see if he will take it. It only takes him a second before my hand is connected to his and we are walking to the house together, as a family, as pack.