Chapter Thirteen

"I refused to go back to that room and look at them again." I say firmly as i sit in the middle of Jaxon's large bed and cross my arms. My lips are set in a firm pout and it only causes a chuckle to flow out of Jaxon's lips. I frown at him before turning back to looking at the wall. Jaxon sighs before sitting on the bed in front of me and setting his hand down on my knee.

Jaxon eas extremely uncomfortable touching me for thw first few hours after I had finished crying and had woken, but now he seems to have put it in the past and has been giving me small touches here and there without blushing.

"You need to talk to them. They are your family and they love you no matter what. If I had the chance to eveb look at my family again, I would. Don't make the same mistakes i did with my family." Jaxon said sorowfully as his thumb brushes against my knee.

"What happened to your family? I haven't really heard anything about them since i have gotten here. I know your parents were killed in a rouge attack, but you nake it seem like you had siblings." I say softly as i place mg hand on top of his. I know he doesn't seem comfortable talking about his emotions, since he basically hides himself away from all prying eyes in his pack, but if we are going to be mates and know how to talk to eachother, we need to talk about these things.

"My parents were killed in a rouge attack, but, I did have a sibling. A younger brother." I gasp as i look at him. How come no one knew about this younger brother.

"He wasn't meant for this life. He was so fragile and innocent. My mother gave birth to him when she was only a few months pregnant so he was premature, and the doctors didn't think he'd live to see one. He would have been six this year, but i dont know where he is. During the rouge attack he was taken away from us. The rogues killed my parents, and took my brother. He was an omega, his age, he wouldn't have been able to put up a fight. They were cowards and took a denfenseless boy who couldn't fend for himself. We looked for years, before we finally gave up when we realized hs most likely wasn't alive anymore. It was the hardest thing i had to do, but I knew I couldn't leave the rest of the pack at the back of my brain. I needed to protect them from all the harm that could come to us. I miss him so much." I reach forward and wrap my arms around Jaxon's shoulders. I feel the wetness clinging to my shoulder, so i know that talking about his family makes him emotional, most likely the reason that he hides himself away in this room.

I wish i could help him. I wish there was something i could do to get the tears out of his eyes, the fear out of his brain, and the love back into his heart.

I would do anything to make even a tiny smile grace this beautiful man's face.