Chapter Five

Holy sh*t. I had told the alpha that I was going to kick his ass about five times in the short few minutes that I was in his presence. I can't believe he let me say those things to him.

"Alpah, what are you doing out here? We have finished with the meeting, you could have stayed in your room." Zephan says softly as he walks closer to the man. The man, who is apparently the alpha, clears his throat as he waves his hand at us. Papa shuts his door and motions for me to come back around to the other side of the car.

"I wanted to meet our guest, Zephan. Is that wrong?" The Alpha asked as he turned to look at Zephan. He seemed to be seriously asking him, because Zephan said a quiet no before turning to us.

"Uriah, Remy, this is Alpha Jaxon, Alpha, this Uriah and Remy." Zephan introduced us as he kept his eyes on the Alpha, almost as if he expected him to fall to the ground and die any second.

"Yes, it seems Remy and I have already met." The Alpha, who is apparently Jaxon now, grunts as his eyes turn to me. I roll my eyes when Papa gives me a dark look and Zephan turns his eyes to me, finally understanding what I was really doing during those minutes that I had dissapeared.

"I'm sorry, Alpha. He said he got lost." Zephan apologized as he kept his eyss on me, showing me he is actually mad from what I have done. I move my eyes so I wouldn't have to see the disappointment in his eyes anymore.

"It was actually a very unique situation. I don't think I've been told that someone will beat my ass so many times." Jaxon said thoughtfully as he continued to look at me. I raised one of my eyebrows at him, which he copied. I smile when I remember a situation s few minutes ago, only he had raised his eyebrow first, and me following second.

"You told him that you would beat his ass, numerous times. I didn't know you had a death wish, Remy." Papa hissed at me as he glared at me. I roll my eyes once again before I turn to him.

"I thought he was insulting me dor being a human. I had the right to be mad at him, Papa." I grumble right back. His eyes soften before he pulls me into his side. I wrap one of my arms around his waist so we are in a side hug.

"You're perfect the way you are, Baby." Papa says quietly as he looks in my eyes. I shrug my shoulders as I look over at the three other men silently watching us. I know Papa is omce again unhappy with my answer, but for now he will have to deal with it.

"Why would anyone have a problem with you being a human, might I ask?" Jaxon asks as he looks between Papa and I. He probably assumes that I'm adopted, a human adopted by werewolves is common.

"Both of my parents are werewolves, most people think it weird that I don't have a wolf." I answer shortly as i stare at him.

"Did you just not get the gene, or did something happen?" Jaxon presses as he tilts his head to the side. I feel my temper rising and I try to push it down.

"I will still beat your ass." I joke quietly, trying to stop the intense look he is giving me. Jaxon takes a deep breath as he looks at me, my shut down is an obvious answer to his question, I don't want to answer his question. Jaxon nods to himself.

"I would like to invite you and the rest of your family to come and stay with us for a while. Our pack's haven't really been around eachother since my grandfather. I would like to get to know all of you that I consider my allies." Jaxon says as he continues to stare at me. I feel comfotable with his stare, but something inside of me makes me want to keep my eyes locked on his deep blue eyes.

"I'm sure my mates would love to come, and the rest of our pups too." Papa says as he smiles at Jaxon. Jaxon frowns slightly as he finally turns his gaze to Papa.

"Mates?" He asks as he raises his eyebrow once again. My lips lift in a smirk when I see his gaze flicker to me, almost as if he was daring me to raise my eyebrow.

"Yes, I have two mates, Oliver and Darren." Jaxon nods and seems in thought for a second before motioning us into the house.

"Zephan will show you your rooms. Call your family and I can send a car for them. Zephan, come get me when they all arrive." Zephan nods at the alpha before turning to us. Jaxon turns and leaves without saying another word.

"Come on, I'll show you to your rooms." We follow after Zephan. I don't know what is with Jaxon, but I am itching to find out, and it seems he has just given me more time to figure him out.