When her eyes met him again, it revealed appreciation and lust. A slow smirk crawled on his face when he knew she liked what she saw. She blinked and looked away.

"C'mon now! Stop wasting time!" Alpha Hansen boasted in the air. His arms were spread open in the air, taunting Maksim. Maksim rolled his eyes and turned back to Alpha Hansen.

Rolling his shoulders to release any tensions left, Maksim's eyes sharpened in on Alpha Hansen. Everyone else seemed to have disappeared. His wolf gave him the strength he needs to win.

Darren stepped up between Maksim and Alpha Hansen.

"Rules are simple whichever Alpha surrenders the fight will lose their rank and their pack." He announced.

The challenge works both ways. Alpha Hansen takes Maksim's pack if he admits surrender and vice versa. Maksim had just as much at stake as Alpha Hansen did and Maksim wasn't going to underestimate his opponent. If anything, Alpha Hansen should be viewed just as much as a capable opponent to him.

Maksim stretched his arms and his neck before moving into a fighting stance. Alpha Hansen was the first to make a move.

**

Octavia stared at her mate while hanging in the back of the crowd.

Maksim.

She caught his name with the gossip that was going around.

When she first laid eyes on her mate, she thought a God stood before her. He was gorgeous with his dark locks neatly combed back in a messy gesture. His cheekbones and jawline could only be explained as sharp as the cool edge of a razor. He had deep cloudy, muted gray colored eyes that seemed to be able to stare straight into her soul.

Her gaze roamed his body as he fought Alpha Hansen smoothly. Every attack and every offense seemed almost effortless and calculated. His muscles rippled with each momentous hit on Alpha Hansen. When she saw Alpha Hansen throw a punch at Maksim. Her heart literally jumped out of her chest. She fought the urge to run and stop the match. Her wolf was whimpering as Alpha Hansen landed a blow to her mate's rib cage.

"God, he is strikingly handsome." An unmated woman in her pack whispered to her friend.

"I wondered if he is mated." Her friend responded.

"I see no mark on his neck." The woman replied and Octavia can hear the smirk in her voice. She ground her teeth together and clenched her hands at her side to stop herself from ripping the two women's eyes out of their sockets for staring at what was hers.

"I'm going to introduce myself to him after this." Her friend declared and that was the last straw. Octavia turned towards the two women.

"Can you be any more shameless?" She hissed. "He is not interested in easy."

The two women turned to glare at her. "Were we talking to you?"

Octavia inhaled deeply to steady her anger but it did nothing to help her. She snarled and her eyes must've turned black because the women took an unexpected step back.

"Stay away from him." She sneered at the two women before stomping off.

Octavia couldn't believe what she just did. She acted like a jealous crazy girl who didn't want to share her toy. She growled and pinched the bridge of her nose. She needs to control her emotions. She can't have all this come in the way. She had many other things to worry about and a mate was last on her list. She waited for him for years and he never came. Now, she was ready to just live her life and he comes barging in.

"WELL NO WAY, MR MATE!" She snarled into the air. Some people nearby turned to look at her. She realized she lashed out of anger and gave them an awkward smile. "Sorry, I was just practicing a line."

Weak excuse but what else should she say? That she wanted to kill every woman who laid eyes on her mate?

A grunt came from inside the circle and she turned to look. Her mate had a huge claw mark on his chest and her heart stopped beating. She pushed her way further into the crowd and covered her mouth as she saw the blood seeped from his wound.

Now her anger was directed at Alpha Hansen. The man had hurt what was hers. She clenched her jaw and momentarily looked at her mate who took a moment to look behind Alpha Hansen at her.

He probably saw what her wolf's intention was because he shook his head. Her wolf was bent on interrupting the fight and killing the man herself but one direct shake of his head was enough to snap Octavia out of her stupor. She needed to stay focus. Her emotions were going haywire.

Maksim turned his attention back to Alpha Hansen and in a few short, effective blows knocked Alpha Hansen unconscious. Alpha Hansen was a crumpled bleeding mess on the ground. Maksim stood up and wiped the sweat dripping down his jawline with the back of his hand. Octavia chewed her lips like a chipmunk. Literally. He was too sexy and it was driving her nuts.

Many people hooted in happiness which was unusual for a pack to be happy to lose their Alpha but no one liked Alpha Hansen. Darren, Roman, and Antonia moved to congratulate her mate. He accepted his shirt from Antonia and threw it over his shoulder carelessly. His eyes were still staring at Octavia with an unspoken intensity. His gaze and attention were unwavering and it made her feel naked and hot in front of him.

"You know what this means?" Roman said with a grin.

Maksim tore his gaze from her to glance at his friend. Octavia took the chance to sneak away. She needed to breathe and being around Maksim was giving her in a sense asthma attacks.

As she was walking back to her home in the woods, realization dawned on her.

Maksim was her Alpha now.

Author's Note:

Ah! So here we are. So many things happening but we will soon get a glance at her life in the pack.

Tell me what are your thoughts so far? Like it? Hate it?

Leila Vy