*66. BUCKY: Patience

Start from the beginning

"Uh, babe?"

You've pulled out your phone. A few of Bucky's friends have texted you asking if you're coming. Now that you're a couple they've become your friends, too.

"What?" you holler back—not caring if you disturb the neighbors.

"Can you come 'ere for a sec?" There's a slight pause. "Please, baby?"

He sounds sort of confused and pretty damn adorable, so you comply. You leave your purse by the door and then head towards your cream painted bedroom. There you see Bucky, dressed in his nice button up top and snug black pants, standing on the left side of the bed with a bright pink vibrator in his metal hand.

Your heart stops. You pause in place—trying not to let your inner shock show.

"What is this?" Bucky questions you.  Is his voice usually this low and gritty? Or has something changed?

"Oh," you pause to swallow, "That's... that's my, uh." You glance to your feet then back up again with a cutesy smile. "That's the remote for the Play Station, hon. The spare one, I mean. But it broke a few months ago and..."

Bucky chuckles. "Babe, I might be old, but I'm not stupid." He tosses the toy onto the bed before reaching into your drawer—your secret sex toy drawer—to pull out another. This is the glass one. "I know what a dildo looks like."

"Oh. Okay: wow. Let's not use that word." Nervously you start tucking locks of hair behind your ear.

"Why?" Bucky smirks madly. He gestures to the toys he's pulled out and laid on the black comforter. "Because it turns you on?" he teases you with the exact thing you said five minutes ago.

You, just like he did, ignore that statement completely. Instead you march over and grapple to grab them away. You don't get there fast enough, though. Bucky Barnes, super soldier and trained assassin, is much faster. He's grabbed them up and holding them out of your reach before you can blink. "If you knew what they were why the fuck did you ask?" You can't help but sound angry as your embarrassment and irritation bubble over.

"It was rhetorical, babe. I meant more: why the hell did I not know you had these?"

You try standing up on your tiptoes to grab them back. When that fails you make a pesky little grunting noise and land a hard smack to Bucky's toned chest. "Because it's none of your business, asshole."

Bucky raises an eyebrow. "You're pissed?"

"Hell yeah I'm pissed," you try shoving him between words but he's too tall and strong. You groan and give up—turning around and walking away. "You're being a dick."

"No, I'm not. I'm just exposing all the ones that you've had locked up in this drawer." Bucky looks absolutely thrilled with his discovery. He keeps holding the damn things while smirking down at you across the room.

"You're not funny." You cross your arms and continue to glare.

Bucky gnaws down on the inside of his cheek to keep from giggling. "Okay, okay—I'm sorry." He sees that he hasn't won you over yet and tries again to reign in his amusement. "I'm sorry I embarrassed you, doll. That wasn't my point."

"Oh yeah? Then what exactly were you hoping to get out of this?" You gesture between him and yourself with a fast moving finger. "A few weeks of abstinence? Because that's what I've got planned for you now, honey." You narrow your eyes at your boyfriend. "And as you've already found out, I'll be fine without you for a few weeks because I've got plenty of perfectly suitable backups."

Bucky holds his hands up in defeat—both still clutching one of your expensive toys. "Okay; okay. You win." He lets you watch him as he sets them carefully back in the drawer. "See? Like they never left."