*19. STEVE: Tell Me a Secret

Words: 3.6K

Warnings: SMUT! A little bit of Dom!Steve, language... the good stuff ;)

It's a cozy November night in some rural part of Canada when Steve Rogers knocks on my hotel door. I let him in without a second thought—even though I've just been heading to bed. I'm in my pajamas and so is he, but we sit down on the end of the bed closest to the TV and he smiles at me. "Sorry for bugging you, but the heat's out in my room and I thought maybe I could warm up here before I go to sleep."

I laugh a little at his misfortune. We're friends, close friends, and so of course I don't think anything of letting him stay. "No worries, Cap. Just stay here." I crawl up into my bed and then enthusiastically pat the spot next to me.

Steve raises an eyebrow. "You're being serious?"

I grin. "Yeah, loser. Just get up here. It's not like we haven't shared a bed before."

Steve frowns—trying to recall the time I'm talking about.

"Berlin?" I remind him with a yawn.

"Oh, well that was in the back of a truck. And I think Sam slept between us."

I laugh at the memory. "Only because he was scared of the woods where you parked us."

Steve joins me in giggling. While we laugh, he decides to follow me up under the covers.

Okay, I may have said we were friends; I left out the part where I've got a pretty huge crush on him. Don't look at me like that! How can a girl NOT have a crush on Captain America? Every little girl dreams of kissing him. But me? Well, I'm more in love with Steve Rogers than his superhero alter-ego. But I'd kiss either of them any day of the week.

"What were we even doing in the woods anyway?"

"Not sure. I think we were tracking someone? Or was that when we were looking for Bucky?" I shimmy a bit out of his way to make room for his broad shoulders and bulging muscles. He's wearing a shirt, but I can only imagine how ripped he looks right now underneath...

"Ah, I think that was it." Steve settles heavily into one of the pillows—blonde hair nearly invisible against the white sheets. He turns his head slightly towards me, a quiet smile on his face. "I don't know if I ever thanked you for helping me find him."

"You did, but I appreciate the repetition. Especially since the bastard shot me."

Steve rubs his face. "Right, yeah he's sorry about that."

"I know. But I'm milking it for all it's worth. I've already got him changing the oil in my car every month, and he brings in my groceries for me too."

Steve chuckles, "Remind me not to get on your bad side."

"I don't think you have to worry about that," I reply lightly. But then I'm not smiling as silly, and he's staring at me in the dark, and I quickly move my gaze to the TV that plays Friends reruns. "Are you tired yet? I can turn off the TV."

"No, not really. You can shut it off if you like though."

I shake my head. I feel him move, and his foot brushes mine under the covers. "No, I'm not tired either."

I'm slightly nervous around him in this setting where usually I'm not. I force myself to roll around, facing my crush completely. I have to go at this head-on if I ever want to win him over.

"Wanna play a game?" I suddenly say.

Steve raises an eyebrow and then props his head up on an arm. "What kind of game?"