+ twenty one +

[ lowercase and text talk intended wherever it is ]

~ playlist ~
camstad moment • body by SYML

// weak and wicked //

[ Friday 8:30 ]

"We should probably go inside." Kayden laughed, rolling down the window to the hotboxed car full of nothing but the stifling smell of smoke and weed.

We'd sat down the road from our house for over an hour, smoking and drinking away all of our problems. We were both aware that this would not go over well tomorrow morning but it was the easiest escape from the reality that awaits once we step inside the house.

My father's car was parked in the driveway, stagnant, not moving, despite my efforts at staring at it long enough in hopes that it would disappear. I hadn't been home since that night and neither had Kaden, but we met up, trying to face my asshole of a father together.

"I don't want to go." I mumbled as I turned my head to Kaden who was flinging his blunt roach out of the window, watching it roll down the side of the hill into the neighbor's driveway.

Kaden sighed deeply, fanning the air in front of him as the smoke began to move from the high concentration in the car. I leaned over him barely and flung my roach in the same direction as he has once done. I watched it drift a few meters away before I leaned back over in my car seat.

"Well, I don't know about you but I'm smacked enough that I probably wouldn't give a shit what they said anyway, not that I ever do." He shrugged and unbuckled his seatbelt, straightening his sweater and he reached for the car keys.

I ran my hands through my greasy hair that was in desperate need of a wash, trying to come up with my responses to my asshole father's quite obvious questions.

Where have you been? Have you been with that dickhead boyfriend of yours? Have you been drinking? Is that weed? Why the fuck are you even here? And so on an so forth...

By the time I returned from my own parallel of thoughts, Kaden has very well shut off the car and gotten out, now slowly walking down the paved street.

'For fuck's sake.' I mumbled to myself as I took one last swig of my beer and placed it back in the drink holder. I opened the door, grabbing up my phone that had been vibrating nonstop.

I glanced at it, reading Chris's name but deciding not to answer seeing as I probably would make a snide comment about him not being my father and not needing to text me so much. He's told me on multiple occasions how rude I am when I'm high or drunk. I was trying not to live up to those standards.

The car door echoed against the quiet neighboorhood, all the snobby rich people had gone to their beds by now, leaving only the porch lights to illuminate the dark street. Our house, in the distance, it's round-a-bout lit by only grass lights, giving off the only light in the gated community.

I shook my head lightly, thinking about where I lived. There were certain places that just weren't for you. Certain things that just aren't the way they're supposed to be. My life was becoming one of those things. The house I lived in, so big but so small.

I could feel the light wind in the air, tickling the exposed hairs where the gap was between my hoodie and my neck. The brisk air, flowing through my hair and past my naked legs, the oversized sweatshirt making no attempt to past my thighs. I could almost sense the smell of the weed being picked up in the wind and drifted off my body. Though I doubt it was enough to make a difference.

I had almost caught up with Kaden, the cold air nudging my mind to pick up the pace in my walking. As I approached him, he turned around slightly to acknowledge my presence.