+one+

~ playlist ~
weak • ajr
we won't • jaymes young
all time low • jon bellion
the worse • jhene aiko
sorry • halsey
the scientist • coldplay
dead • madison beer
run me dry • bryson tiller

// coordination and confrontation //

[Tuesday 8:34 am]

"Camilla."

"Camilla!"

I awaken to a sharp nail poking at my exposed shoulder blade. I glance around the classroom only to met with the faces of fellow first years. I groan and stare at Dr. Vik who was already returning to her desk in the front of the room.

"Care to inform the class of what you were dreaming about? This is psychology class, in case you happened to forget during your nap you took for the first half of my class." She takes a seat on her desk chair and crosses her legs.

I look around at the class, with its modern facade and clean white walls. I rub my sleepy eyes becoming more aware to the situation I was presented with. If we're being honest, I wasn't sure what I was dreaming about but it was becoming very clear to me that Dr. Vik was not going to continue without an answer. I straightened myself out, brushing off my off the shoulder button up and mentally prepared my speech about why people forget their dreams.

Instead the complete opposite fell from my maroon stained lips.

"Nothing." I answered quickly.

The class erupts in giggles and I curse silently to myself under my breath. I was going to give a very intellectual answer but the only word I could form was nothing.

This often happens to me. I'm put in very uncomfortable situations and I have a million and one thoughts going by in my head, so much that i struggle to form words 

"Well Ms. Camilla.." Dr. Vik trails off looking for my last name as angrily flipping through the roster that she held with her long witch like fingers "Madsen, I hope you figure it out in the next 3 days because that's how long I'm giving you to finish the paper about dreams I'm assigning you!"

The class once again could not contain themselves and some make smart remarks like "burn", it's taking every single ounce of me not to tell them to fuck off, but I simply stare down at my paper and draw small spirals.

I wasn't angry about the essays nor at Dr. Vik but more at myself for putting me in such an uncomfortable situation seeing as though i'd only been in Nissen for a couple of months.

The rest of the class I stayed silent only looking up from my spirals to let Dr.Vik know that I was paying attention. I did not care for another essay.

[Monday 10:07 am]

I fling open my locker that took me 7 tries to open. I put my books in and open my bag only to realize that I forgot my lunch and I only have 15 krone which realistically can only get me at most, some chips from the vending machine. I sigh and slam my locker shut, zipping my bag back up and scurrying down the clean hall that seemed littered with first and second years.

I open up the doors to the courtyard and see the girls sitting on the bench, everyone busily on their phones. As I pad over to them, I glance around to see everyone on their phones. The whole school in fact. I take a seat between Sana and Eva. I look around and see that they had barely noticed my presence and Eva only moved her arm ever so slightly to allow me to sit comfortably.

"Hello? Are we all zombies or.." I question before getting cut off by Vilde who puts a pink manicured nail on my lips from across the table.

"Shh, we are all watching the Yakuza versus Penetrator drama in the comments of Penetrator Chris's instagram post" She widens her eyes and whispers very low as if it one big secret.