#44 A whole new world

Start from the beginning

"But..what's this smell?" She looked around. "Something's burning-"

"Oh my God!" I said.

"The stove-" Karthik too stopped as the pan caught fire.

"No!" Both Trisha and karthik screamed but I had already poured water in the pan.

"Trisha move back!" Karthik shouted as he grabbed me back from the now burning fire as I was still standing near the stove.

But I felt the heat on my hand and the entire kitchen was engulfed in smoke.

"The fire is out" Trisha said. "Is she okay?" Trisha looked at us.

I was kill pressed to karthik's side.

"I..am okay" I said shakingly.

Karthik pulled me to an arms length and shouted his lungs out.

"WHAT THE HECK, ADITI! HOW CAN YOU DO THAT! DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY SENSE!?!" He shouted.

It was the first time I have seen karthik this scary and I tried to control the sudden, unfamiliar stinking in my eyes.

"Aditi..Trisha?..what happened?"

"Karthik?"

"Why is it full of smoke? "

Everyone ran to us from outside.

"It's nothing, Aditi..er..tried to put out the fire" Trisha said softly. "She nearly got hurt"

"Thankfully no one got hurt" varsha said.

"Daddy, Aditi chechi's hand is red" Izzy said, Apparently her eyes was in level with my hand.

Karthik took one look at me, Then grabbed my hand and walked out of there.

Aditya.

Everyone watched as karthik grabbed her and walked out of there.

"He was scared" Trisha told us. "He thought Aditi got hurt" she said.

"Where's he taking her?" shahid asked.

"Probably to get the scald treated" I said and we walked to the hall .

Sure enough, karthik was applying ointment on her hand, Still looking angry.

I never saw my sister so obedient before!

I looked at her hair that has grown out now, karthik also managed to stop her from cutting her lovely hair.

"This won't do" I said as I took the settee opposite to them. "Both of you are expelled from the kitchen duties" I declared. "From now on, Both of you will do the dishes" I said.

The others nodded and chuckled at my statement.

"What! you can't be serious!" Aditi looked at me. "He is the one who doesn't know anything about cooking" She said.

"At least I have common sense not to do stupid things" karthik said.

"I hate doing dishes!" Aditi exclaimed.

"Me too" He said. "But It looks like you will be partnered with me every day, so I guess it can't be that boring!"

"Karthik! You!"

"I am right here, Karthik, If you want to court my sister, You need to get permission from me first" I said.

"Aditya! You traitor!" Aditi shouted again as everyone else laughed.

"I was going to ask you anyway" karthik shrugged. "I would like to..um..spend the rest of my life with her" He said.

"Aww.." Varsha cooed.