#43 Against the rule

Start from the beginning

A place where sam cannot find?

But sam knows everything about me!

I shook my head "He's my childhood friend, He knows everything in my house"

"Then we can't just stay here, Come on"

We walked inside the room and looked around.

"You..you are going to get in trouble because of me" I said. "I am sorry"

"Shh.." Aditya was listening now.

I too moved near the door.

"-No one, We searched all the places you told us to, There's no one here"

"Why did you bring them here, Sam?" I heard watchman uncle’s voice.

"Didn't I tell you to look after the house well? What if varsha come home and need help? She couldn't even attend her papa's funeral, We need to help her uncle" Sam said.

I fisted my hands tightly and gritted my teeth.

He's manipulating the old man to do his bids!

"I know, I am keeping an eye out for her, When Varsha molu is back, I will definitely help her"

"And you must call me, She's not in her right mind, Remember"

"I know, I will call you right away" Uncle said again.

My blood boiled at that.

"That bloody-"

"Varsha, Now is not the time" Aditya said.

"Did you search the terrace and all?" Sam asked the other guys and they moved upstairs.

"Come on!" Aditya dragged me to the nearest wardrobe in the room.

"We can't hide there! We can't fit in-"

I stopped as he dragged me to the cupboard and closed the door after us.

Darkness engulfed us and I touched my heart.

I tried to hold it, I really did, But I felt like someone has suddenly pressed on my windpipe.

"Breath" Aditya said. "Think of something happy" He added While shifting his body slightly so that a tiny ray of light was coming through the edge.

I was surprised at his words.

How come he know about my fear of darkness?

I looked up at him and realised that we are too close, I hadn't realised that we were pressed to each other.

I jumped back, But unfortunately, There was no space and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Relax" Aditya said. "listen" he added.

We heard them searching the terrace now.

"There's no one here sir" they reported to sam.

Their sounds were awfully close and I stayed there inside the cupboard as a statue, Concentrating on the tiny ray of light leaking inside.

"Here-" someone opened the door to our room.

"I have already searched here" One guy said. "Nothing suspicious" He added.

"Stay back everyone" Sam ordered. "If varsha is indeed here, I have a way to find her"

He said and something in his voice told me that he's confident, Dread filled me.

I shivered as Aditya took hold of my hand.

"Turn all the lights out, Every single one" He ordered and my heart exploded.