Prologue

Levy

It's been a year since the guild disbanded, tartaros took a lot out of everybody. Even the strongest of us could barely handle it, so it's no surprise that I couldn't stay.

I felt horrible leaving Magnolia, it had been my home for so long that it just felt wrong to leave. I boarded the train to Crocus leaving everything and everyone behind. I knew that Lucy wanted to stay, she had nowhere else to go, plus she had managed to get a job modeling for sorcerer weekly so I was happy for her. Jet and Droy had gone to Crocus too, the jobs that were available there were more their style. I wish I knew where Gajeel went, he said something about going off to train like Natsu was. I would've followed him wherever and I can't explain why. I felt safe with him, like I was at home.

I sighed to myself and pulled a book out of my bag. Jewelry crafting: How to work with steel. It was one that Gajeel gifted to me. Honestly I think he just grabbed something off the shelf that appealed to him, it was cute really. I smiled as I stroked the well worn spine, I never read the words, I more liked the intricate designs in the book. As much as I tried to make sense of the words it was honestly just a jumble on the page. Regardless I still adored the thought that somebody had gone out and bought something for me.

The train pulled out of the station and I watched as Magnolia faded into the distance. I stared for too long before sighing to myself again.

I guess it's time to start a new life.