20. The extravagant.

"Love is a second pulse; it grows into the soul, warms every vein, and beats in every pulse." ~ Joseph Addison

Tsholofelo Mofokeng.

"You know Thembi, you don't have to be gloomy all day because of what happened earlier." I gave her a quick smile but she only shrugged. I didn't think she cared that much about me, that Mr. De Ruiter slapping the hell out of me would upset her. She wasn't herself and anyone who knew her well enough would notice. She looked beautiful in her short hair, i was actually thinking of doing the same because it was no hustle.

"I will just take this.." She didnt reply, I wondered why she wasn't talking about Blondie or talking about anything in particular this surely was not the Thembi I knew. I held the Bombay bottle for the so called guests who were chattering like chipmunks in the dining room. I looked Mr. de Ruiter with absolutely distaste, i could poison him if I wanted infact that would be too easy. I hated him so much, i just wanted to strangle the life out of his peal old wrinkled skin. I wanted to look him in the eye as he took his last breath on this living earth.

My eyes flickered to Blondie, who was gracefully talking to Leonardo. It didn't take a genius to realise that she was already head over heels for him. She fluttered her eyelashes like something was in her eye. I wanted to burst her bubble by telling her that he us engaged.

I looked at Mr and Mrs Zeldenrust who were occupied in having a conversation with that De Ruiter. Tessa's fat fourteen years old brother had been doing nothing but eating. He  kept me on my feet, wanting seconds every single second. I honestly thought he was going to burst.

Running out of my daze, i walked forward determined to ignore Junior Le Roux like I had the previous times. I didn't want to make any conversations so I just laid the bottle on the table and I almost got away with it until Mrs. Zeldenrust spoke up.

"She is quite rude isn't she ?" She muttered to Mr. De Ruiter who immediately gave me a death glare.

"Does she except us to pour this by our selfs ? What do you her for if she can't even do her job properly ?" Mr. Zeldenrust growled hwith anger his wife nodding beside him.

"FELO COME POUR THIS IN EVERYONE'S GLASS EXCEPT FOR PIETER HERE !" Mr. De Ruiter yelled almost making an echo in the whole mansion. "I DO NOT NEED TO TELL YOU TWICE YOU IDIOT."

"Ungrateful Kaefers." Tessa mumbled to Leo who seemed out of daze. He didn't seem interested or atleast he had a conscience.

I marched up to their huge mahogany dinner table and grabbed with bottle twisting it open making a bit more noise than expected

I marched up to their huge mahogany dinner table and grabbed with bottle twisting it open making a bit more noise than expected. I poured all the glasses eager to leave. Leo seemed to be watching me intently not listening to a word Tessa was bubbling about.

numb is what I felt.

-

Leonardo Dicaprio.

It hurts watching her being humiliated like that. It hurts seeing avoid my eye contact. She is so close yet so far, here I was thinking things would be far better when she comes back but no... they are much worse because I get to see her but I can't say anything well I tried but it turned into a disaster now Aldo and Thembi know about Hope and I. I didn't want it to be a public scene not that I was embarrassed of her or anything.

"I'm half German, a bit of Dutch, Irish, Greek, Polish and Russian." Tessa giggled and I gave her a brief smile.

"That's quite alot of descendants you have there." I replied.

"Ah yes, you could definitely say that my dear." Mrs. Zeldenrust smiled lightly but she had allowed new the honor of calling her by her first name Julie

"I have also been to Cologne, Moscow, Amsterdam, Manchester, Stockholm and Uhm Daddy what else ?" She turned her father for answers.

"Ibiza and Havana." He said smugly.

"We travel alot." Julie added and I gave them a curt nod.

"Leo is much of a tourist too, you should invite him to your camps." Uncle Johan  added.

"What a wonderful idea Johan,m and What do you do young man ?" Mr. Zeldenrust questioned his eyebrow.

"I'm currently unemployed." I smirked at the man who had a cunning smile. I knew he had plans for his daughter and I.Except I wasn't up for it.

"Unemployed ?" He repeated and I nodded.

"Your family must be well settled financially." He chuckled lightly.

"No, we are quite far from that category. You see my family doesn't have money and we certainly don't need it because we have each other." I grinned when I saw to both oarents cringey.

"Having each other does not pay bills." Tessa mumbled feeling utterly frustrated.

"I know but we stil have each other." I lied through my teeth, my family was far from being the perfect family.

"Mr. Leo you are nice." Pieter spoke with his mouth full.

"Actually Leonardo here is just down to earth. He doesn't like showing off. He recently got his degree in Law and his family owns a chain of hotels all around Europe. His father recently bought land in the Orange Free state to build a branch for his hotels in Suid Afrika. The Le Roux's are quite a successful and well respected family." I looked at Uncle Johan with a distasteful look. Why was he selling me of to these scavengers ? The Zeldenrust family instantly grinned at me.

"Wow, Leo wow that is just wonderful." Tessa yelped with joy. Her hands trailing down my thigh under the table.

"It seems, we have one thing in common and that is success." Mr. Zeldenrust spoke with a never ending impressed mock. I solemnly hated when people treated me nicely because of where I came from. Trust me I had enough of that growing up, reason being why I would rather not say anything.

I shifted my gaze to the clock on the left side of the room, when was this going to be over. I had much better thing to do than Socialise with neighbors.

Bonus Chapter.
vote ♡ Comment

not proof-read.