18. Forget him

"Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate." ~ David Pratt

Leonardo Dicaprio.

A week...I thought to myself. That's how long it had been, did she really quit her job because of me. I missed her, her breathtaking smile. It took everything in me not to go and look for her in that sowetoe place.

"Are you okay ?" Uncle Johan interrupted my thoughts. I hadn't even realised my right foot had been shaking.

"I'm great." I fidgeted in my sit.

"You don't look great." He sniggered and it really irritated me.

"I'm fine, Uncle Johan." I threw my hands in his face as I said these sour words.

" I threw my hands in his face as I said these sour words

"Well someone is in a surly mood." He took a sit next to me near the pool with his scotch in hand. My father had returned back to Amsterdam, i couldn't leave. I just couldn't do it. I felt like my life was incomplete. I couldn't go back to my miserable life so I lied and told my father that he should allow me to learn how to run a farm or land from Uncle Johan just for a little while and he was so proud he agreed without hesitation.

Suddenly I saw her, I blinked furiously just in case I was dreaming. I never thought I would be happy to see even her hideous dresses that I hated. She was beautiful, beyond beautiful. My insides were doing somersaults, a grin couldn't help forming on my lips.

"Felo, you are back." Mr. Johan said in a sublime tone.

"Uhm yes sir." She smiled but her smile did not reach her eyes. It looked like she had been crying and that hurt me because I knew I was the cause. She looked anywhere else but me.

"Are you not going to greet my nephew, he will be staying here for six more months." My uncle summoned and I saw her gasp. Did she really hate me that much.

"Morning Mr. Le roux." She said looking away quickly, she certainly didn't want to make eye contact with me. " I just wanted to thank you for letting me have the week off." She explained in a low voice, her eyes didn't have that glint and I knew I was the one who took that away.

"It's fine, you are back now so you can start working immediately." My uncle said rudely and she nodded and walked back into the mansion. This was my chance, finally so I stood up.

"Where are you going ?" My uncle looked at me suspiciously.

"I'm not feeling well so I will be in my room." I faked my posture, making it look like I was in pain.

"I will have Felo send you some soup." He said and I nodded. Perfect because Hope and I need to be alone.

-

Tsholofelo Mofokeng.

"Tsholo, you are back. I missed you so much." Thembi hugged me, squeezing every breath out of my body. I timidly smiled back.

"Are you okay ?" She asked and I nodded.

"No, you are not." She pestered.

"I need to talk to you about something, she whispered when we saw Mr. Le roux going up stairs before he did, he looked at me but I quickly looked at Thembi.

"Uh okay." I was afraid about what she was about to say but no one could possibly know what i had been doing with my bosses nephew. I remember the reaction Lesedi gave me.

*flashback*

"You did what ?" She gasped after I had told her the whole ideal, i couldn't keep it to myself. I had to tell someone as much as it hurts me.

"I just told you." I whispered helping her wash her clothes. We were sitted at the back of her house with our buckets as I helped her finish her laundry.

"He took advantage of you, Tsholo." She gave me a solemn expression.

"No no no no, he isn't I did it willingly." I rushed to defend him and myself.

"Do you know that you are not the only one ? Alot of maids are sexually assaulted by their bosses and they don't say anything because of the apartheid system but I'm sorry my friend I'm going to report him." She vented and I smiled weakly because she cared about me.

"The apartheid police isn't going to arrest one of their own besides I swear he didn't force me, we did it twelve times in a row and I was sleeping in his bed with him, oh well even showered together multiple times. This shows that I did it willingly." I explained remembering how happy I was before I realised i was sleeping with an engaged man..

"Ah, Did he pay you ?" Lesedi's eyes almost shot out of their socket. I understand because I have always been the quiet girl and me doing this is really shocking. I looked like the type to wait for marriage but my life sucks anyways might as well break the rules. If I keep on suffering then why should I continue being good.

"No, we both wanted it." I softly said remembering how his touch felt on my skin.

stop stop stop it, he is engaged.

"So what's wrong then ?" She stopped washing and looked at me.

"Uhm, he is engaged." I sadly said.

"Isn't that what Boers say when they are about to get married ?" She asked unsure and I nodded.

"I knew there was something wrong with this guy, he cannot be handsome like you said, Polite, kind and a gentleman all at the same time. Impossible ! something just had to be wrong." She said shaking her head lightly.

"You are right." I sighed.

"So is that why you came back ?"

"No well partly."

"Tsholo you are going back to that job and don't let him have his way with you. You can't make your whole world stop because he came. Just pretend he doesn't exist and continue with your life. You had your heaven while it lasted now it's over. Forget about him, you know that it was impossible anyways.."

"I know." i frowned.

"Tsholo don't tell me you fell for him." She looked at me with horror. I kept quiet I didn't want to say anything. I can't believe I'm that stupid.

"Tsholo you are inlove with him." She said it now as a statement.

"Ntombi (girls) finish up, so we can have lunch." Lesedi's mom yelled in zulu.

"Yebo ma." ( yes, mother) we replied in unison.

"Forget about him before you get hurt even more, you are like a sister to me and I don't want to see you hurt or dead." She whispered so her mother couldn't hear us and I nodded. she was right...

*End of Flashback*