Chapter 22 - I'm Back

Adrien P.O.V.

"I love you, too, Adrien Agreste."

Fireworks. Explosions. Butterflies.

That was everything I felt at that very moment. All of our past troubles and all of the fighting we'd gone through to get here seemed all worth it. Just for this moment and what would become of it in the future. I swear the happiness that ran through my body was greater than I've ever felt before.

Without hesitation, I brought my hands down to Marinette's waist and lifted her off the ground, spinning. Her laughter echoed in the silence of the bunker, somehow making me feel more joyous than earlier. 

That's when I remembered, the Akuma.

I set Marinette down slowly, as not to alarm her, and looked around the room. No sign of the Akuma, so it must've worked.

"Anyway, I have brought Princess Marinette Dupain-Cheng here for her safety, so she'd be harder to spot. Now we have to somehow alert Ladybug, since Hawkmoth is more in depth with what even Secret Service can comprehend," the man who had escorted Mari to our bunker said firmly. 

"What about Chat Noir, dude?" Nino yelled from the back of the crowd of my classmates. I silently agreed.

"Since he did not show up to the former Akuma attack," the man replied, turning to me, "we must assume he is not in China. Our organization does not have the time to try and reach someone who may or may not be near us. Therefore, we cannot rely on Chat Noir to protect the princess. Ladybug is our top priority."

I felt uncomfortable when the man said they couldn't rely on Chat Noir to protect Marinette. Of course, he had a right to. As far as anyone knows, (A/N except for Mari but you don't know that) Chat Noir is still in France.

"Excuse me?" Marinette spoke up, and the man turned to her. "I, um, have to use the restroom. I'll be right back." Before she could be stopped, Mari ran away and around the corner.

I felt suspicion grow in my chest, all about Marinette being Ladybug. So, I offered to go with her, and make sure she's safe. The Secret Service guard hesitantly agreed. 

I immediately began running to where Marinette had gone to, only to find a slightly ajar closet door out of view from our class.

As lightly as I could, I tiptoed over to it and peeked through the one inch crack. Inside I saw Marinette talking to a small, red and black, floating bug thing that seemed similar to Plagg.

"Marinette, are you sure about this?" The small thing asked, its voice was high pitched and squeaky.

Mari nodded her head, "Absolutely, Tikki. If Hawkmoth wants Marinette, he's going to have to get through Ladybug first."

"Alright, just say the words."

"Tikki, transform me!" Marinette yelled, and was surrounded by a bright, pink light. Then, there was no more Mari, just Ladybug.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

That's it. That's it right there. All of the proof I need to answer my suspicions. Marinette is Ladybug. She was the one who fought against Hawkmoth's Akumas with me. All of the battles, all of the flirting...was with her.

Ladybug...or Marinette's head began to turn to my direction. I quickly ran out of view from the closet door and stood behind a shelf of lockers, but continued to watch her. She stepped outside and glanced around herself nervously. After the satisfaction of being alone, she ran back to where my classmates were held.

I stepped out from behind the lockers and felt too many emotions hitting me at once. Even if I basically already knew, the exact truth seemed different. Maybe it was because it was official, or maybe its just because you could deny it before, and now you have to deal with the fact that its true.

A chorus of 'Ladybug!'s came from around the corner, and I frowned. Well, I didn't know why, but I did. 

Slowly, I walked around the corner to the watchful eyes of my classmates and the security guards. Ladybug turned to face me, and her determined expression fell into something I honestly couldn't name.

"Where's the princess?" One of the two men in black suits asked, raising an eyebrow. I looked down, trying so terribly hard not to point at Ladybug.

"I-I couldn't find her, sir," my voice sounding shaky and unsure. Upon looking up at Ladybug once more, I saw her lower her unseen eyebrows and frown.

"You what?!" The man yelled. My legs began to feel wobbly, and I silently pleaded to Ladybug for help. She must've understood, because before the man was able to shove past my classmates to get to me, she raised her hand.

"Wait! I, uh, actually hid her in a spot no one would ever find her. She's completely safe, I promise," Marinette shouted, and the Secret Service guard seemed to calm down. "Anyway, I am going to leave the bunker and go face Hawkmoth, so I need all of you to stay here and keep quiet. Understand?"

Everyone either muttered 'yes' or simply nodded their heads, frightened. Then, with my acute hearing, I heard Mari mumble something close to, "Oh,  I wish Chat were here," and quickly looked up at me knowingly.

I stood still confused. 

Of course, we already kind of guessed she knew who we were, but it still an eerie feeling to think she could. Suddenly, her eyes shifted to the closet door she had transformed in around the corner, then back to me.

In hesitation, I nodded my head. She seemed to grimace and feel reassured at the same time, much to my already immense confusion.

While everyone was distracted with Ladybug talking about how to maintain a steady food and water supply since it was limited, I ran around the corner and into the closet.

Plagg flew out of where he had been hiding, inside my black suit's jacket, and in front of my face. His usual smirk and annoying attitude had seemed to be gone this whole trip, even though we've only been here less than a week, but now it was back.

Much to my surprise, it actually calmed me down a bit.

"Ready for another fight with your precious, 'Bugaboo?' Or are you totally over her now?'" His voice hinted sarcasm and I gave him a look.

"Honestly, Plagg, I think so," I replied, placing my hands on my hips. Plagg's jaw dropped, making me chuckle.

"Oh? And who exactly was your heart stolen by this time? Please tell me it wasn't Chloe I can't stand her one bit. Although you know what I can stand?"

"Let me guess, ch-"

"CHEESE."

I rolled my eyes, "Anyway, Hawkmoth is after Marinette and her Mom. We have to stop him!"

Plagg groaned and threw his head back, attempting to show agony. Then, I said the words I've been wanting to say ever since the last Akuma attack,

"Plagg, transform me!"

(A/N Ah yes, chapter 22 has been finished! I hope you all enjoyed it very very much! Anyway, I'm feeling so sick right now and idk why. Plus I still have school today so that's fun (hinting the sarcasm) but oh well. 

Also, I've been wanting to know what your guys' favorite ship is. Mine is Marichat because YES. Comment down below and let me know, I'd love to hear it!

Alright, bye mon petite chaton! I love you all so much!)

-Lennie