Chapter 11 - Please, Have a Seat

Adrien P.O.V.

"Alright is everyone ready to go?" Mrs. Bustier called to my classmates and me as we walked up to the shuttle parked on the curb of our hotel. We all gave a loud scream of excitement as a reply, making our teacher roll her eyes with a smile.

"Where's Marinette and Alya?!" Nino shouted next to me, his hands forming a cup around his mouth. Mrs. Bustier came up to us and said she'd be meeting us at the palace. As she walked back to the shuttle, Nino and I looked at each other in confusion.

"That girl's meeting us somewhere again? Where did she even run off to, anyway?" He asked we stepped onto the small bus and sat down. I knit my eyebrows and tried to come up with a reply, but found nothing.

"I honestly have no idea, Nino," was all I said, then looked out the window at the hotel. The windows reflected the sunset, creating a sort of rainbow. All sorts of different colors splashed against the blue sky, as though the wall of the hotel were a canvas.

"Well, I guess we'll have to figure it out when we get there," Nino mumbled, probably to himself. I couldn't help it as my mouth turned up into a smirk, and my eyelids went down halfway across my eyes.

"You'll definitely have to ask Alya, since she went with Mari, and maybe then you can ask her out. I mean come on, you two were flirting almost every second we were in their suite," I whispered.

 My chest fought me as I choked back a laugh after seeing Nino turn bright red in a split second. His eyes had gone as wide as saucers and his jaw had clenched.

"Dude, shut up!" He whisper-yelled, nudging me toward the window. I couldn't help it, but I then burst into the laughing fit I had been trying to contain. Nino's face somehow went even darker as I continued. "Oh come on! At least I don't subconsciously have a crush on a girl with blue eyes and dark hair!" 

I stopped laughing and cupped my hands around his mouth. "Nino! Quiet! And what are you even talking about?!"

He gave me a strange look and the red on his face began to fade. "You seriously have no idea?" 

I looked at him, expressing my only emotion, confusion. Nino shook his head in disappointment, placing his right hand on his forehead.

"Have you not noticed how in love you are with Marinette? Like, seriously bro, are you honestly that oblivious?"

"Um, what? I-I don't like Mari. I'm in love with someone else, Nino. You know that. And sure, maybe Marinette is sweet, kind, caring, creative, beautiful, smart, talented, and selfless, it doesn't mean I have a crush on her," I replied plainly. In return, Nino gave me a look that only read 'Are you serious? You are so stupid, dude. You're lucky I'm good at keeping secrets or I would shouted to everyone in her about it.'

"If you say so, bro."

"We're here everyone!" Mrs. Bustier called from the front seat of the shuttle. We turned our heads in her direction, realizing Nino and I had been talking the whole ride to the palace. The palace! I forgot! That's where we were headed! "Now please, come out in single file, no shoving or pushing."

Everyone stood up and we walked as quickly as possible to the doors, anxiously awaiting what would be of the royal palace and the royal family. I stepped out before Nino, and immediately my jaw dropped.

It-It was insane! Bigger than my house, even bigger than he town hall where the Mayor works back in Paris! All of this culture and different styles of architecture in one building was incredible. Oh! I forgot! We're in China, which means I can practice my Mandarin with the locals!

Many 'Ooohhhs' and 'Aaahhhs' came from our classmates, their expressions mirroring mine. Nino was on my left shaking my arm in excitement as I stood still in astonishment. 

"Alright, class! Let's start moving to the front gates!" Mrs. Bustier yelled, and we followed her to a set of golden gates that stood infront of the entrance to the palace. A man in a black and white suit bowed, then opened the doors. A squeal of excitement came from everyone as we stepped through the two front doors, revealing a throne room made of red marble and gold.

"Hello everyone, my name is Bojing. Please follow me to one of our dining rooms to which you shall be eating," A man, wearing the same suit as the one outside, greeted, and began following the man down a hallway that had many different doors on each side. My class whispered and giggled with excitement.

"Yo, dude this place is so far-out, ya know?" Nino asked as we walked side by side. I nodded in agreement.

We finally reached a door being held open by two people, one female and the other male. Inside was a long table with golden engravings on it's edges, china plates and bowls placed neatly next to one another, and many chairs. About twenty, I guess. The smell of food wafted to us, sparking a sigh of longing from a few students, including myself. (lol #letadrieneat2k16 am I right)

Mrs. Bustier guided us to the table, and we all found a seat with our name tag on it. Mine was at the corner. Nino was on my left, but there were four empty seats circling to my right. A single chair at the end right next to me, then three others in front of Nino and me.

The buzz of excitement continued as we all sat with each other, empty stomachs and all, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the royal family and Marinette and Alya. I mean, where are they? Shouldn't they be here by now? What if she misses the dinner! I thought to myself, and looked at Nino, pretending to listen to him go on about a DJing gig he got for Chloe's party next month.

"Ahem, introducing for the first time in fifteen years, the royal family of China!" Trumpets sounded as our class screamed joyously. I had a small panic attack for Alya and Marinette. After all, they're going to miss meeting the royal family. Oh, I really wish Mari were here...

"Here we have the lovely Princess Marinette Dupain-Cheng and her best friend Lady Alya Cesaire!"

Wait. What?

(A/N Ohohoho cliff hanger! Well, I wonder how this reveal will turn out, hm? Anyway please stay tuned for the next chapter, after all I should be updating very, very soon, and I don't want you to miss it, cuz it goin be good. Love ya, bye!)

-Lennie