The Mahishmati Dynasty

This current Royal dynasty of Mahishmati has come to power three hundred years before after deposing the original inhabitants of the kingdom, the Vaithalikkas who are the forest people and children of the sacred mountain, the Gauri Parvat. For the sake of the current story, it is enough if we know these five generations of the royal family and the relationship dynamics they share.

First Generation
Patriarch : Somadeva (D)
Matriarch: Hemavati (D)

Second Generation
Elder Son: Bijjaladeva (L)
Royal Spouse: Sivagami (D)

Younger Son: Mahadeva (D)
Royal Spouse: Komalavalli (D)

Third Generation
Son of Bijjaladeva and Sivagami: Bhallaladeva (D)
Royal Spouse: Shodasi Devi @Annapoorna (L)
Liaison: Kamaroopi (L)

Son of Mahadeva and Komalavalli: Amarendra Baahubali(D)
Royal Spouse: Devasena (L)

Fourth Generation
Legitimate son of Bhallaladeva: Bhadra (D)

Illegitimate offspring of Bhallaladeva and Kamaroopi: Subahu @Kalanemi(L)
Royal Spouse: Eiravati (L)

Son of Amarendra Baahubali and Devasena: Mahendra Baahubali (L)
Royal Spouse: Avanthika (L)

Fifth and Present Generation
Daughter of Mahendra Baahubali and Avanthika: Bhagiradhi @Aparaajitha (L)

Son of Mahendra Baahubali and Avanthika but assumed to be the son of Subahu and Eiravati: Gajendra Baahubali @Narasimha (L)

Read as:

(L) Living for Book One: The Rise of Enemies of Shatru Sesham. This status quo is exclusively for Book One alone. There is no guarantee that the characters will be living till the end of this story for all the rest of the story books. They might die anywhere else in the middle depending upon the necessity of the plot.

(D) Dead at the beginning of Shatru Sesham

@ Another assumed name and/or changed identity
-
-
-
Author's Note: Dear friends and readers, the story world of Shatru Sesham has increased in leaps and bounds. Before proceeding to my next book and story arc, I wanted to include two parts giving the family tree of the Mahishmati dynasty and the list of kingdoms that have appeared in this historical fanfiction till now. I have described and explained most of these details within my story itself. But as I said, we are Five Books old. It becomes difficult to sift and remember these details spread across so many chapters and thousands of written words. So I thought these two parts would prove to be useful in understanding this story of historical and political intrigue. If you have been following this story and like it, please vote, share and comment.