Chapter Thirty Three: The Truth About Everything

The two of them stared at each other. Thorin walked over and came to stand just at the foot of Bella's bed. His expression was serious. "Bella, right now would be a good time to start telling me the truth. And I mean about everything." Thorin demanded.

"I don't want to talk about it." Bella growled.

"Don't give me that Bella. I don't know how many times I have assured you, you can trust me with anything. Since the beginning of this journey you have been evading the truth every time with me and I'm done. Either you tell me the truth about everything now or neither of us will be leaving this room until otherwise."

Bella looked down and then back at Thorin to see he hadn't even blinked an eye. His expression was becoming unreadable. "Why do you care? It's not like you have been willing share anything about yourself either, Thorin. Except for your hatred of elves. Which wasn't a secret to begin with. You made that pretty clear." Bella retorted.

Thorin let out a sigh and sat at the edge of her bed. "Bella, you have never asked me to reveal anything to you. If you wanted to know something, all you had to do was ask. Ask me anything." He offered.

"Do you have any other siblings, besides a sister?" Bella asked, starting with something easy.

"I have...had a younger brother. Like you. His name was Frerin." Thorin stammered. Even after 142 years he still missed his brother, but he had grown to learn how to hide his pain he felt for how much he lost.

"I'm sorry. What happened to him?"

"He was slain in the battle of Moria. Along with my Grandfather."

"Thorin I'm sorry. I had no idea." Bella apologized, placing a hand on his.

"Its okay. You didn't know, it was a long time ago. You remind me of him actually." He admitted.

" How's that."

"Like you, always trying to prove himself, stubborn as ever. Often got himself into trouble that I had to get him out of." Thorin stated, causing Bella to laugh a little and even Thorin managed to smile. " Your turn. Tell me what happened here. Why were the guards trying to take you to the Master?"

"W-when I was last here...about 10 years ago....my brother and I had just gotten in an argument, the usual when I would return out of nowhere. I decided to stay with the one friend I did have here. She had just recently lost her husband...he drowned in the lake and she had two young children. A boy and a girl. My friend was very ill at the time and her children hadn't eaten in a few days and other families barely had any food to spare as it was. I took matters into my hands and broke into the Masters home. He has been hoarding money for himself for years, he was sitting by watching his people starve and was doing nothing. I only took enough to get some food and medicine for the family. I would have succeeded if it wasn't for that swine Alfrid. He caught me climbing out of the window and threatened to cut the rope on me if I didn't give it back. " Thorin listened to this tense story, she was trying to help a starving family and she was going to punished for it? " I gave him back the bag of coins and he told me to leave this town if I wanted to keep my freedom. Of course I should have known Alfrid had me followed. I told my friend Rena what happened, that I had to leave or else. She understood. I left to my brother's, he wasn't home at the time. Ingrid and my niece and nephew were out in the markets I suspected. I grabbed some food from their house and was on my way back to give to them what I had, when I saw the guards already at their home. Alfrid had made it so they were the thief's and not me. Rena didn't survive in her cell.....she died and I have no idea what happened to her children. I left and never came back until now." Bella finished, sniffling as the tears came down her face.