Chapter Twenty Nine: The Narrow Escape!

The barrels splashed against the water. Bella's thankfully stayed up right. " Bella are you alright?" Thorin called to her. The woman slowly pulled herself up, her head peering over the top.

"I'm fine." She answered in exhaustion. " Where's Bilbo?"

"He's still trapped up above." Thorin told her.

"We can't leave with out him.."

"We have no choice! By now the Elves know we have escaped and probably have the hobbit. Do you want to be recaptured again!? We have to leave now!" Dwalin yelled.

"None of you would be here right now if it wasn't for Bilbo and this is how you're going to repay him!?" Bella shouted only to fall down to the bottom of her barrel. It took so much energy out of her just to yell.

"Enough!" Thorin interrupted. "She's right. We wait for the hobbit." He ordered. The king looked back at the barrel beside him, Bella hadn't come back up. "Bella?"

"I'm okay. I just...need a second." She panted heavily. Just then they all looked up when they heard the trap door open up again, and seeing Bilbo falling into the water, with a splash.

"Bilbo!" Nori called, grabbing the hobbit by his clothing as he grabbed hold of the barrel.

"Well done Master Baggins." Thorin praised. Bilbo gave a shaky wave of his hand to start going. The company started flowing down the river. Bella managed to pull herself back up so she could see what was before her and her eyes slightly widen as much as they could when she saw what they were about to head into. "HOLD ON!" The king shouted. Bella managed to suck in a breath before she got plunged under water.

The barrels eventually returned to the surface once they got to the bottom of the waterfall. The woman, along with a few other dwarves started spitting out mouthfuls of water. The current continued to take them down stream when a loud horn is blown from behind them at the top of the waterfall. Their heads all whipped around in front of them to see a bridge coming into view, along with a couple guards. One moving a little more faster then the others to pull the leaver to close the gate under the bridge, stopping them from going any further. " No!" The dwarf king growled lowly, giving the gate a push but it didn't even budge.

The elf guards drew there weapons, ready to take their escaped prisoners back to their cells, when a bloodthirsty roar came from over the wall.

"Watch out! There's Orcs!" Bofur shouted, seeing a number of orcs climbing over the wall and viciously attacking the elves and jumping at the unarmed dwarves.

"Get under the bridge!" Thorin yelled at his men that were still out in the open. Bella suddenly screamed when an orc shot out of the water, climbed on her barrel and was about to stab her when Bilbo pulled out his sword Sting and stabbed it before it could hurt the young woman.

The few elves continued to fight off the dozens of orcs that had invaded there lands, but they were quickly losing as more orcs came from out of the bushes being led by Bolg, the spawn of Azog the Defiler. Kili, through all the chaos going on around them saw the lever was unattended. With determination in his eyes he climbed onto the top of Dwalin's barrel and jumped over to the platform and had to duck right away to avoid nearly getting his head sliced off.

Dwalin ended up tossing the young dwarf prince an orc weapon he acquired after taking on one of the creatures himself. Kili was nearly at the lever, his hand was already extending to pull it when his leg was struck with an arrow and the prince moaned in pain. "Kili!" Fili shouted. Kili tried to grab the lever but the pain he felt was too much and his leg gave out on him and he fell on his back. Kili tried to back away as another orc towered over him to finish him off when it fell into the water. The young dwarf looked in the direction the arrow had come from and saw the she-elf, known as Tauriel begin taking on the orcs, along with the elf prince and more guards.