Chapter Twenty One: Old Acquaintances

It was the next morning. Bella rolled over to her side to see she appeared to be alone. The half-breed sat up, groaning in the process. Her entire body ached from running yesterday. She hated to admit it, but she should have listened to Oin, when he told her this would happen. Bella hated asking anyone for help, but that didn't surprise her, her race was known for being way to stubborn before they'd ask for help from anyone.

Bella slowly went to stand up when her leave automatically gave out and she let out a shriek as she landed back on the ground. She looked up to see The Dwarf King coming towards her, looking at her with a scowl. "You should have called one of us over Bella."

"I'll remember that next time." She muttered, causing Thorin to roll his eyes at her. Wondering to himself what it was going to take to show this woman, she could trust him. The Dwarf stepped over her and pulled her up by the arm and slung her arm over his shoulder and wrapped his other arm, securely around her waist, a little more then what Bella was expecting and it made her feel even more uncomfortable.

"Don't even start." Thorin growled lowly at her, feeling her, beginning to fight him, but unlike Dwalin. Thorin was even stronger and she barely could budge him and gave up. The rest of the dwarves were gathered in kitchen area, bickering back and forth.

"Don't blame me!" Dori yelled.

"We should never have come here!" Gloin argued. Others began muttering their agreements just as Bella and Thorin came up beside Fili and Kili.

"Good morning Bella did you sleep well?" Kili chirped, wondering if the young woman was in a better mood then she was in the last few days.

"Slept like a baby." she grinned and Thorin scuffed at that, wondering what she was talking about. It was late in the middle of the night before she finally fell asleep. He knew that for a fact since he refused to close his eyes before her, encase she decided to do anymore midnight wandering. The leader moved her over to the closest stool and got her to sit down.

"Stay there." Thorin ordered, bluntly. Bella raised her eyebrow at that, but put her hands up to indicate she wasn't going to try anything when Thorin wouldn't stop giving her that look.

"Well, I think we should leg it. Slip out the back way." Nori insisted, as he shoved his way into the center of his companions when he was quickly grabbed by Dwalin.

"I'm not running from anyone, beast or no beast." The Dwarf hissed. The others were about to protest some more when the wizard cut them off.

"There is no point in arguing. We cannot pass through the wilderland without Beorn's help. We'll be hunted down before we ever reach the forest."

The hobbit had finally joined the group, Bella was a little relieved to see she wasn't the only one that overslept. "Now, this will require some delicate handling. We must tread very carefully. The last person to have startled him was torn to shreds." The wizard explained, and the company all looked at one another in horror.

"Oh please Gandalf. You don't want to scare them all do you? He's not as bad as you make him out to be...he's just...a little more aggressive then needed.

"Need I remind you Bella, that your first experience when meeting him, didn't go as you planned." The wizard challenged.

"True. But I'm still here aren't I?" She retorted. "Just let me go out their first. He at least knows me, I can talk to him.

"I think you should stay here with us." Thorin ordered, coming beside her.

"Why? He's not going to hurt me." She protested.

"Thorin's right. I'll go out first and-Bilbo? You come with me," The wizard added, beckoning the hobbit to come forward.

"You think that's wise Gandalf? Sending the hobbit out there. I don't think that's going to calm him down any better."

"Well, he's after all not a Dwarf, so that should keep things calm." Gandalf countered, raising an eyebrow at her before making his way through the company. Thorin turned and looked at her funny. There it was again. Was he hearing things right? "Now, the rest of you, you just wait here...and don't come out until I give the signal." The wizard informed.

"Were all doomed." Bella muttered lowly to herself. Too quiet for even Thorin to hear who was still standing beside her, probably to keep an eye on her, he knew her well enough she would try something if she could.

"Right. Wait for the signal. Wait what signal would that be?" Bofur asked, suddenly realizing the old man never told them what the signal would be. The half-breed lifted herself off the stool when she felt herself being steadied.

"Where do you think your going?" Thorin demanded.

"Just want to get a closer look." Bella growled. The king helped walk her over to the back door and the woman peered out window and saw things were going as great as she expected them to go.

"There it is! Go! Go! Go!" Bofur piped up suddenly, seeing the wizard waving his finger around, that had to be the signal. Dwalin straightened up and gathered his nerves and yanked his older brother to come out with him.

"Dwalin and Balin." The warrior dwarf introduced, giving the giant angry man, a friendly wave.

"And I must confess that several of our group are, in fact...dwarves." Gandalf hesitantly admitted, infuriating their host even more.

"Do you call two...'Several'?" Beorn hissed, his axe still in his firm grip as he glared at the wizard.

"Well, now you put it that way...no. Yes, there could be more than two." The wizard stuttered, trying not to piss off the man further and began counting on his fingers.

"Go, go!" Bofur urged, seeing this as another signal for the next pair to come out. Gandalf heard more heavy foot traffic coming down the steps and he grumbled under his breath and looked to see who it was this time.

"And here are some more of our happy troop."

"And do you call six a 'troop'?" Beorn challenged even more aggressively. The wizard shrugged his shoulders and let out an awkward chuckle. "What are you, a traveling circus?" Bella dropped her head in her hand, shaking it. Things would have gone smoother if she would have just gone out there first.

The rest of the dwarves were growing tense inside the home as they waited for Bofur to notify the next pair to go next.

"Go. Go. Go." The dwarf gestured with his hand, as he continued to watch through the window.

"Dori and Ori at your service." Dori offered as he and his youngest brother joined the others.

"I don't want your service." He snapped.

"Absolutely understandable." Gandalf intervened before the situation could get any worse. Fili and Kili were the next to come out. " Oh, Fili and Kili. I'd quite forgotten. Yes. Yes, and Nori, Bofur, Bifur...and Bombur." The wizard sighed, as he took in the skin changers seething look he now had on his face.

"Is that it?" Beorn dared to ask, as he composed himself to remain calm. " Are there any more?"

Suddenly Bella walked out next, still being supported by Thorin as they stood by the others. Beorn glanced in the woman's direction as his face seemed to go less tense, seeing her there.

"Bella. I never thought I'd see you around these parts again."

"It's been a long time Beorn." Bella retorted with a smirk and the others all turned and looked at her.

Bring On The Wonder[Thorin Oakenshield]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें