Epilogue

| Epilogue |

I wake up in a different room. The lights were bright and it smelled of flowers and something familiar.

"Anthony?" I asked out loud.

"Autumn?" someone responded.

I opened my eyes and looked next to me. Anthony was laying in a hospital bed next to me. His face had scratches all over it. I felt a tear leave my eye.

"Baby...what happened?" I asked. "Did they shoot you? I told you to never do that stuff again. You never listen to me." I whined.

He chuckled. "I was in a car accident. I bruised my ribcage."

I felt my self starting to sob. "Anthony this is serious I thought you were dead." I cried out.

"Hey you two!" Kim said as she walked into the room smiling like she just got a gold medal. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I said as I turned over in the hospital bed. I was a little sore but it was bearable.

"Autumn?" I heard Anthony say. I'm angry at him. He's treating do or die situations for a joke. Does he know how much I was worried about him?

"Yeah," I responded dryly.

"I'm sorry, for everything. I just want to protect you. That's why I do all that stuff. Not for the money, for your protection. Do you know how many nights I wake up and have to remind myself that you're still at my bedside, because I dreamed you left me? Do you know how much I love you, Autumn? Damn, Autumn. I would tear all this shit off me, even if my life depended on it, just to touch you again. To hear you say my name one last time. Autumn, I would get on one knee and ask you to marry me a million times over and over. Autumn you are my sunshine, you're my heart, you're my world, you're my girl, but most importantly you're mine. You were there for me like no other, you put up with my bullshit. You picked me up when I was low and I'm eternally grateful. Autumn, I love you, only you. You're my past, present, and future. My first and last for everything. I love you." he said calmly.

I was in tears. I didn't know what to say, my mouth didn't form words at all. I just sat there with my hand over my mouth, tears flowing like raindrops on a window pane. I never cried so hard in my life.

"And....and I know I fucked up, baby. I can't get out, I'm always in. All I can do is promise your protection. I can promise our children's protection whether we're alive or dead. Just say you'll stick with me through it. Nobody said life would be easy." he continued.

At that time the nurse came into the room strolling something behind her.

"Ma'am? Do you want to see your babies?" the nurse asked. She was a small woman with a sweet glowing brown complexion. Her hair was up in a ponytail and her scrubs were a plain pastel purple. I read her name tag and saw that her name was April. She looked awfully familiar.

I nodded my head, yes, as I wiped the tears from my eyes. She strolled the baby beds towards me.

"Three healthy babies." she said softly.

She handed me the first baby, which was the boy. He was beautiful, with a head full of hair. He was so adorable. Another tear slid down my face. Now this shit gotta stop. I'm more emotional post pregnancy than during pregnancy. All these tears and shit, but I guess it was worth it.

"Anthony, look it's Duke. He has your nose." I said to him as I handed him the baby.

April, the nurse, passed me the next baby. Aliyah, my baby girl. She was beautiful also with a head full of hair. She didn't have Anthony's nose, she had mine. Actually she had a lot of my features.

She handed me the last baby, Duchess. She looked completely different from both babies. Her features seemed to merge both Anthony and I. I ran my thumb over her fragile soft wrinkled skin. All these children were beautiful and they were all mine.

For once in my life I felt I had a purpose. For once I meant something to somebody. I never wanted these children to leave my sight. Speaking of which.

"Where's Ash?" I asked looking over at Kim and Trey sitting in the chair on the other side of the room. Before they could answer I heard her laughing as the door was being pushed open.

In walked my mother with Ash on her hip. Ash gasped when she saw us.

"Whaa?" she asked as they took a seat and everyone laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stayed into the hospital for about 4 days until they said it was okay for me to leave. Let me tell you something, I gained 30 damn pounds carrying around them heavy ass kids. It was worth it, but it sure fucked up my figure.

I'm not complaining. The babies are great, they get on my nerves but I love them to death. They are so adorable.

Anthony has finally talked me into moving. I didn't want to move I just got comfortable with the house I was in, but he kept complaining that there wasn't enough room for all of us and how it wasn't safe. I just threw up the white flag and now we're in the mist of packing.

As far as Kim and Trey go. They have their own little dirty secret. I know what it is and I'm not happy about it, but that's how things are with them. Anthony is going to kill Trey when he finds out, but that's not my business.

Oh yeah, we're finally getting married. Say hello to, Mrs. Autumn Smith. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

As you saw, my life is everything except 'Typical', but the story's not over.

(T H E E N D)