Chapter Twenty-Eight: Here We Go Again

| Chapter Twenty-Eight |

We arrive at the house just as Trey is pulling out of the yard, which meant Kim was back.

"Who was that?" my mom asked from the passenger seat. I hadn't explained anything to her.

"That was Trey." I said as I parked the car inside of the garage.

She looked at me. "Is he important?"

I laughed. "Everyone you meet today is important."

I opened the door and slowly got out. Have I mentioned how much I can't wait to go in labor? Finally able to gain enough strength to get out of the car, I stand up and hold my stomach.

I close the door and notice that my mom is just looking at me. Thanks for your help, Mom. I lead her to the door and opened it.

  As soon as I walked in I heard the piddle paddle of Ash's feet as she ran into the living. She getting better at walking which means she's everywhere.

"Maaaaa." she laughed as she ran to me. Anthony walked behind her looking fine as ever with the food stain on his shirt. He gave me a look as he smiled that was meant to say 'who-is-this-Autumn'.

"Hey, baby. Did Anthony treat you good?" I asked her.

She nodded her head as she looked at my mom beside me. "Hi." she waved.

"Hey, Ant will you go get Kim I want to introduce her to my mother. You remember my mom right?" I grinned.

He played along and smiled. "Sure, honey."

I turned my attention back to my mom. "This is Ashley, my adopted daughter. Her parents were close friends to me and Anthony. They're no longer with us."

She looked at me like I had lost my mind. All I did was smile. "Let's go have a seat in the living room while Kimberly is coming down."

I lead her to the living and had a seat as Anthony walked back into the room alone.

"Autumn, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked.

I nodded my head and put Ash down in her play pen. "I'll be back."

I walked around the corner next to the kitchen.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You need to go up there and talk to her. She said she doesn't feel well." he explained.

"Shit. Okay, can you talk to my mom? Get to know her, let her explain, you know? Also she's going to want to know what happened to my father. I want you to tell her, K?" I ordered.

He nodded his head.

"Alright," I kissed his cheek and made my way to Kim's room.

I climbed up the stairs and knocked on her door. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. I twisted the knob and walked in to find Kimberly in bed staring at the ceiling.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked sitting on the edge of her bed.

She groaned pulling the covers over her head. "He said he loved me."

"Awww hell. Did you say it back?" I asked.

"Yeah, what else was I supposed to say? He was 'inside' of me, you can't just not say it back when he's already in." she whined.

I laughed softly. "So you lost your virginity and you don't know if you love your boyfriend?"

She sat up in bed and chuckled. "You make it sound so bad."