Chapter Twenty- First Day

| Chapter Twenty |

|| Kimberly's P-O-V ||

    I sit outside waiting on Trey to pick me up. Today is my first day of school and last night he sent me a text saying he would pick me up.

  We hadn't talked since the other night, when we kissed. I knew he wasn't happy about it, only because I was too young.

   I can't lie, I have thought about him in that way, but I never acted on my feelings.

  I grip the straps on my bag as I see him pull into the driveway.

   Autumn and Anthony already left for work. I took a deep breath as he rolled his window down.

  "What time do you have to be at school?" he asked. He had one hand on the steering wheel. He looked like he had something to say.

   I opened the door to the car and stepped in. "Classes start at 8, I need to be there by 7:50." I explained.

  "Good." he said as he backed out of the driveway.

  It was currently 5:45, I woke up early thinking that I would have time for a nap. Now I'm sitting in the car with Trey, afraid of what he might say. I don't feel like being angry or sad right now.

  We drove around the neighborhood for a while, then he finally said something.

"You know I can't get you out of my mind." he said.

  I cleared my throat and crossed my arms across my chest. There was silence for a while, until I decided I would speak. "So that's the reason why I haven't heard from you?" I asked.

  "Look, I needed time to think. You know why we can't date, what we did the other night was not right." he explained.

"I know. So, what are you going to do about it?" I asked looking straight ahead at the oncoming traffic.

  Three minutes had passed and he didn't respond.

"So, you admit you have feeling towards me, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." he responded.

"Well, let me ask you again. What are you going to do about it?" I stated.

"Kelly..." he breathe out as he parked in a space at Waffle House and look over at me. He had his 'pouty face' on; he knew what he was doing.

I laughed "Teddy, stop. I'm trying to be serious."

"I am too, Kelly." he chuckled.

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked for the third time.

He leaned in and placed his finger under my chin. Our lips met and it felt a thousand times better than the other night. He slipped his tongue into my mouth. I was lost at this point, I never kissed a boy. I just decided to go with the flow.

After what seemed like forever, he pulled back.

"And that's your answer?" I asked grinning.

"Yes ma'am" he chuckled as he got out the car. I opened my door and stepped out.

"So, what does that mean exactly?" I asked, curiously.

"It means you're my girl. I already talked to Ant about it the other night. He said it was fine as long as I know my limits, and I know 'em; I got self-control." he explained.

"So, you ain't gonna ask me first?" I asked, acting like his ex Tasha who talked like she chewed gum 24/7. I met her on several occasions and laughed my ass off every time. I'm laughing now just thinking about it.