Chapter 8: Dangerous Alliance

Start from the beginning

She sighed and closed her eyes in tiredness, "Why does it matter? All you need to know is that, the jackass who tried to kill my family gave me a chance to help them and I failed at it. Anything else you need to know?"

The man smirked a bit and answered, "Well, sweetheart, I would really love a name, like for instance, my name is Crowley. A demon from Hell, a Crossroads demon to be exact." The woman simply jerked back a bit in surprise and asked, "Wait, you're a demon, but why would you be locked up in here? Shouldn't you be with that motherload of an army?"

Crowley didn't have to wonder why he was trapped in this prison, and he didn't have wonder why he was resurrected in the first place. All that he needed to know is when were the Winchesters coming to finish the job and defeat this evil before he ruins the town. "Doesn't matter now, so why don't you do me a favor and tell me your name!?"

The woman answered, "Emma Swan. I was the sheriff in this town."

Crowley's smirked widened more and shook his head. A sheriff? Crowley may be shallow and have a distaste for humans but there was something different about this woman. "No you're not. You're something special. Something that can only draw attention from the thing controlling these monsters. So I ask you again, who - no - what are you?"

Emma stood up and walked around the cell. She was careful not to trip or collide with any hard surface that would cause her more pain. Earlier today, she had been dragged out of this cell and onto the major's office were a man in a black trench coat had been sitting of the leather chair like he was the king of Storybrooke with his legs crossed upon Regina's desk. She had challenged him in a fight, blade against blade. She had tried to win but the man was graceful and strong. He wasn't a knight. His powers were dark yet powerful, but he wasn't a wizard, not really anyway. Still, he was too powerful for her or anyone else in her family. She couldn't tell what he was, but if there was one thing she knew, it was that he is not like the other villains they've faced in the past.

Seeing that she'd hadn't answered Crowley, she spoke, "Doesn't matter now, all that matters is that I have to get out of here to save my family."

Crowley whistled a little and then said doubtfully. "I hardly believe that you're capable of getting out of here. Not with bars like these. They've been warded against you."

Emma just ignored him and stood back. I have to find a way out of here! I just have to keep trying! She raised her hands and focused on her magic. Come on! Come on! From the corner of his eyes, Crowley could see tiny sparks of pure light radiating off Emma's hands as she pointed them at the iron bars of her cell. They started to shake a bit as the force from Emma's magic tried to move against it. The light only grew brighter and brighter, it was so blinding to a demon like Crowley. He covered his eyes as the magic grew stronger. The bars upon the cage started to sizzle as ancient runes Emma couldn't decipher started to glow a menacing red.

"It's not gonna work! Emma!" Crowley shouted. Her light magic faded as her powers started to fail again. The runes started to fade away, but despite its disappearance, Crowley could still sense the warding that was cast upon the cage Emma was trapped in. She fell to her knees and growled in anger. "No! No! I have to keep trying! I'm not going to abandon my family."

Crowley questioned, "Why is family so special to you?"

Emma answered in a grimm voice, "Because no matter what we face, our family always stays together and win together. And this guy won't take that away from me."

Crowley smirked, "I admire your resilience. You must be a great influence on these people."

Suddenly, a brilliant idea had popped into his head, one that could be beneficial for him and this woman. Crowley announced with a devilish smirk, "What would you say if I told you I can offer you a deal?"