Chapter Fourteen: The Pendulum Effect - Part One

Heartland City - 60 Years B.P. 

"And this is my room!" Yuma leads Jaden and Yugi up a rope to his loft in his family home. 

"You got a hammock for a bed, that's sweet!" Jaden says.

"Yuma, you said on your way here you have dealt with some crazy things in your time." Yugi says.

"Yeah you could say that." Yuma holds on his golden pedant.

"Well we have a situation on our hands. We have a friend named Eto. He was taken by this bad man that wants to use him in this scheme to rule the universe." Yugi says.

"Do you know where this man took him? We could track him down!" Yuma says.

"That's the thing man, the guy named Vex could've taken Eto anywhere. We don't even know if Eto escaped him or not. Eto and Vex can travel between time." Jaden says.

"Well I certainly don't know how to do that." Yuma says. 

Suddenly a crash occurs downstairs that shakes the house. The three boys slide downstairs to see a hole in the front of the house and a red motorcycle under the rubble of the wall. 

"A motorcycle?" Jaden questions.

"There's someone underneath!" Yugi points out.

The three of them start lifting the rubble to get to the motorcyclist.

"This is when I need Kari's man strength or grandma's duel fuel to do this kind of work." Yuma grunts.

"We're almost there!" Jaden pulls up the last piece of wall. 

Yusei was laying under the rubble.

"Are you okay!?" Yuma asks.

"What happened?" Yusei takes off his helmet.

"I was hoping you'd tell us man. One minute we're talking upstairs about our friend and then your bike crashed into Yuma's house." Jaden says.

"I'm sorry Yuma was is it? But I was escaping this scary guy that was taking a guy I met. I was driving away to get help but my sign glowed and apparently brought me here." Yusei says.

"Nice tattoo!" Yuma says.

"Wait? A scary guy? Who were you with?" Yugi asks.

"I met this guy named Eto. He was running from this guy named Vex. I was dueling him but Eto got me to escape. I don't know what happened to him." Yusei grunts.

"Are you hurt?" Yugi asks.

"No I'm fine. Where am I?" Yusei asks.

"You're in Heartland City!" Yuma replies.

"Where's that?" Yusei asks.

"Beats us man." Jaden says.

"Eto talked about being from Neo Domino like me but a different era or something." Yusei says.

"Eto and Vex obtain the powers to travel through time." Yugi says.

"Well lets introduce ourselves. I'm Jaden Yuki from Duel Academy!" Jaden says.

"I'm Yuma Tsukumo, and Im from here."

"I'm Yugi Moto from Domino City." Yugi says.

"Im Yusei, my home is Neo Domino City." Yusei says.

"It's weird, since we've been here we learned this new monster summon. It's called XYZ summoning." Jaden says.

"XYZ?" Yusei asks as he stands up.