Chapter Nine: The Awakening - Part Two

Duel Academy - Present

Eto scurries down the hallways of Duel Academy trying to escape the leader of the Fusion dimension, Vex. While running he runs passed students in red, blue and yellow blazers that were similar to the ones in the past in Jaden's time. On the announcement speaker Vex's voice comes on, "Attention all Duel Academy students, this is your ruler Vex. A boy named Eto in a black jacket is on the run! Do not let him go, if you see him contact me immediately!" 

Students start dialing on their phones as Eto runs by them all. 

He makes it out the front doors of the Academy to be greeted to an empty rest of the island. 

Vex comes outside, following him with students behind him and students hiding in the trees outside.

"Eto, It's not nice to leave your host." Vex says.

"I beat you in a duel, it's time for me to split. I got people to save and get home." Eto says.

"You speak of Yugi Moto don't you?" Vex asks.

"Maybe I do, you'd be stupid to challenge me again." Eto says.

"You're right, Ill go straight to the source. Ill collect your friends in cards!" Vex holds onto the blue pedant around his neck. Vex begins to glow a gold color.

"Vex don't do it!" Eto screams.

"I'll be back." Vex winks as he beams up into the air, and disappearing.

"No!" Eto hollers. 

Three students with blue blazers step out of hiding and into Eto's vision.

"Don't worry, we will keep you busy until Vex gets back." One says.

"I got to stop Vex!" Eto's eyes glow a gold color.

Duel Academy - Past

Jaden and Yugi enter an abandoned dormitory on the east side of the island.

"This was originally going to be the Obelisk dorm until they scrapped the idea and hid other stuff here." Jaden says swatting cobwebs out of the air.

Yugi points to ahead of them, "A stair case. Does that lead to the basement of the beasts?" he asks.

"Yeah, at least it should." Jaden says.

They continue down the creaking staircase to enter a dimly lit corridor passageway. 

"From here it's a straight shot hallway." Jaden says. 

Minutes later they arrive in a enormous room with a small chamber in the middle. 

"That must contain the Sacred Beasts." Yugi says.

"Indeed." Vex says as he appears behind them.

"It's you!" Jaden says in shock.

"It is me, I am here to defeat you both and put you in cards." Vex's duel disk activates.

"Where's Eto?" Yugi demands.

"He is fine. He is refusing to trigger his powers so hopefully this will help speed up the process." Vex says.

"Yugi, I'll stall him but you gotta figure out the beasts by yourself." Jaden says.

"No problem." Yugi runs over to the chamber.

DUEL POV

Jaden: (4000 LP)

Vex: Jaden you are a fool but I admire your sacrifices. You already know you stand no chance at all against me.  (4000 LP)

Jaden: Well I am smarter now, and I know what to expect! (Draw) First up I activate the spell Polymerization to fuse Elemental Hero Ocean and Woodsman in my hand to fusion summon Elemental HERO Terra Firma! (Atk: 2500) Then I summon Neo-Spacian Air Hummingbird! (Atk: 800) and my pal here sucks me up 500 LP for every card in your hand! 

Vex: That's five.

Jaden: (6500 LP) Thanks pal!

Vex: You'll need it.

Jaden: I end with a facedown card! Yugi how is it going?

Yugi: Im trying to figure out how to open this chamber, it's complex.

Jaden: Great.

Vex: (Draw) Now it's time for your demise, again.

Jaden: This ain't good.

Vex: First off Im going to activate the field spell card Solemn Sanctuary. 

Jaden: Field spell?!

Vex: Oh yes, and it does wonders for me at least. Now I activate the spell Pot of Greed to draw two new cards. Next I summon my Solemn Spectral Wizard. (Atk: 1600) (Lv. 4) and because of Spectral Wizard's ability I can special summon Solemn Spectral Mistress. (Atk: 1500) (Lv. 4)

Jaden: So you got a couple level four monsters, big deal.

Vex: Oh it's because I got two level four monsters is why you should cower in fear.

Jaden: Why?

Vex: I overlay my Mistress and my Wizard to build the Overlay Network!

Jaden: What is this!?

Vex: I XYZ summon Silent Deity Masque! (Atk: 1000) (OLU: 2)

Jaden: Xyz what?

Vex: It's from the future, like Synchro summoning.

Jaden: Oh come on.

Vex: Now my Silent Deity will attack your Terra Firma!

Jaden: Your deity has zero attack points, so you'll take damage!

Vex: Incorrect, when I use one overlay unit my Silent Deity can gain ATK equal to all monsters on the field. (OLU: 1)

Jaden: No way!

Vex: Yes way. (Atk: 3300) Now destroy Terra Firma!

Jaden: Agh! (5700 LP) 

Vex: Now I will end my turn with a facedown. Now Silent Deity's attack strength returns to normal. (Atk: 0)

Jaden: (Draw) I will defeat you Vex! I activate the spell Graceful Charity. I can draw three cards and then I have to discard two. Next up I will use the spell Fake Hero to special summon Elemental Hero Neos! (Atk: 2500) Now I activate the spell card Trade Out. This allows me to send Neo-Spacian Air Hummingbird back to my hand as long as I replace him with another Neo-Spacian. I now summon Neo-Spacian Grand Mole! (Atk: 900) Now Neos and Grand Mole will fuse together!

Vex: Can't, you don't have a fusion card in play.

Jaden: Now time for me to teach you, Neos doesn't need Polymerization to fuse with Neo-Spacians. 

Vex: Hmm.

Jaden: While you chew on that, welcome to the field Elemental Hero Grand Neos! (Atk: 2500) Next I equip him with the equip spell Instant Neo Space. Now Grand Neos will attack your Silent Deity!

Vex: I activate his ability, by discarding an overlay unit.

Jaden: Not this time! Grand Neos allows me to send away your Silent Deity to your extra deck, but I can't attack this turn!

Vex: Interesting.

Jaden: I end my turn.

Vex: Certainly better than our last duel, you have more of a backbone. (Draw) 

Yubel: Don't let him get under your skin Jaden. 

Yugi: Jaden, I got it to open! 

Suddenly a bright golden beam emerges between Jaden and Vex's duel. Eto emerges from the light, with an enraged look and dark yellow eyes.

Eto: Stop the duel!