Chapter Five: The Power of Three

DUEL POV

Captain: (3700 LP)

Jaden: (4000 LP)

Yugi: (4000 LP)

Eto: (4000 LP)

Captain: (Draw) Well with your Flash Cannon Falcon on the field you leave me no other options then to destroy it.

Eto: (Atk: 2800)

Jaden: My Terra Firma will crush your Draco! (Atk: 2500)

Captain: Not exactly. I equip my Maroon Draco with the Fierce Talon equip spell. It gives my Draco an extra 500 ATK. (Atk: 3000) Attack his Flash Cannon Falcon!

Jaden: I activate my facedown card, Hero Barrier! This allows me to negate one attack when there's an Elemental Hero on the field, and Terra Firma is standing tall!

Eto: I activate one of my facedowns too, I activate Faint Heart! When a monsters attack on the field is negated Im allowed to add one Synchro monster from my extra deck, and slide it into my graveyard, and for the cherry on top you get slammed with damage equal to Voltage Dragon's defense points!

Captain: (1700 LP) Well boys I'm almost impressed here.

Jaden: Why's that? We stopped your Draco monster for another turn.

Captain: Not exactly.

Yugi: Huh?

Captain: When Draco's attack is negated, his second ability triggers. Which allows me to attack every monster on the field.

Jaden: Wait, what?!

Captain: Start with Jaden Yuki's Elemental Hero!

Jaden: Terra Firma! (3500 LP)

Captain: Begone with all Yugi's tokens!

Yugi: Gah.

Captain: Wipe away his Flash Cannon Falcon!

Eto: I activate Flash Cannon Falcon's special ability! When it's destroyed I can special summon a Synchro monster from the graveyard. Agh! (3800 LP) Come out Voltage Dragon! (Atk: 2700) 

Jaden: At least we got something left after that.

Yubel: Jaden, this duel is going to be very intense I feel. Stay on your guard.

Captain: I end my turn with a facedown monster in defense mode. 

Yugi: (Draw) I activate my facedown Magician Mirage. This allows me to summon up to three monsters to my field from the graveyard that you destroyed. I bring back my three tokens. (Def: 0 X3) I tribute all three tokens to summon the Egyptian God monster, Slifer the Sky Dragon! (Atk: ?) Slifer's attack strength is determined by the amount of cards in my hand. (Atk: 4000) 

Captain: The infamous Egyptian God monsters from Yugi Moto. Again, I'm not surprised. 

Yugi: That's fine because Slifer will attack your Draco and widdle down your LP! 

Captain: I activate the trap card Ancient Burial. This trap card shoots shackles around your Slifer, immobilizing it, so you cannot attack or change battle position. It also loses all it's attack points. 

Yugi: (Atk: 0) No way!

Jaden: He just, beat an Egyptian God.

Eto: This ain't good.

Yugi: But, Slifer cannot be affected by traps and spells, it's an Egyptian God monster..

Atem: Yugi, I feel whomever this may be knows a lot about Slifer, potentially more than we do. He also seems to be from the future like Eto is. 

Yugi: But still Pharaoh, still makes no sense.

Jaden: Gr.

Yugi: I guess I have to end my turn now.

Jaden: No sweat Yugi, I can pick it up from here. (Draw) Alright check this out, I am gonna activate the spell Fake Hero which allows me to summon Elemental HERO Neos from my hand! (Atk: 2500) Only bad thing is he cannot attack and he goes back to my hand at  the end of my turn.

Captain: So what's the point? 

Jaden: The point is this Captain, I activate Common Soul, this allows me to summon one Neo-Spacian from the deck, but he has to share his powers with Neos. I summon Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab! (Atk: 500) Now im gonna fuse them, Neos and Scarab do your thing!

Captain: You can't!

Jaden: Actually Captain I can, it's called Contact Fusion and it's legit. I can fuse these monsters without Polymerization.

Captain: Agh.

Eto: Something he didn't even know.

Jaden: Give a round of applause for Elemental Hero Flare Neos! (Atk: 2500) and I also equip him with the spell Instant Neo Space to make sure Neos sticks around. Now Neos gains 400 ATK for every spell and trap on the field. So with Neo Space and one of my facedowns, one facedown a piece from Eto and Yugi and your facedown Captain, that's a total of an extra 2000 ATK! (Atk: 4500) Now attack his Maroon Draco!

Captain: (200 LP) 

Eto: Nice Jaden, now I can finish him off with Voltage Dragon!

Captain: Maroon Draco cannot be destroyed in battle and he beats your Dragon by 500 points. 

Yugi: It's the end of the line for you. 

Captain: (Aside) They are right, I cannot beat the three together, my skills don't compare to theirs. 

Eto: (Draw) It's time to take you down! 

Captain: We will finish this another time kiddies. 

The Captain throws down a smoke bomb to disguise the area in smoke, when the smoke clears the Captain is gone along with the ripple in the dorm door. The minutes following everything unfreezes. 

"Jaden, why are you all holding your duel disks?" Syrus asks.

"Uh, long story Sy." Jaden shakes his head.

Eto is stuck in a gaze at the site of where the ripple was, maybe expecting more.