Chapter Ten: The Awakening - Part Three

Duel Academy - Past

DUEL POV 

Jaden: (5700 LP)

Vex: (4000 LP)

Yugi: Eto! You made it here!

Eto: Stop it Vex, you will not torture my friends!

Vex: Yes! It finally began, you have become so enraged by your friends in danger you triggered your gift Eto. 

Eto: Oh no.

Vex: And once Im done with Jaden I will take you on a field trip! 

Yugi: Eto you gotta leave!

Eto: No! 

Jaden: Help Yugi get control of the Sacred Beast cards, so we can get outta here.

Eto: I can get you guys outta here.

Yugi: We don't know if it will work for us like it does for you.

Vex: I made mine artificially but its in your DNA to be a ruler Eto. 

Jaden: Carry on with your turn!

Vex: Right. I activate the effects of Solemn Sanctuary. Since I currently have less LP than you I can automatically special summon one monster from my extra deck with a level less than four, but XYZ monsters dont have levels, they have ranks!

Jaden: Wait,

Vex: Now I summon Rank 11 Ancient Eclipse Dragon! (Atk: 4000) 

Jaden: Woah.

Vex: Now my Ancient Eclipse Dragon activate your special ability, I can now discard my hand to the graveyard to then destroy your monster.

Jaden: No! Im defenseless.

Vex: Attack Jaden directly!

Jaden: Agh!!!!! (1700 LP) 

Vex: I'm not done! I will show you no mercy Jaden Yuki! By sending Ancient Eclipse Dragon back to my extra deck, his ability allows me to summon a monster a rank higher. I can summon my most ultimate monster. I XYZ summon the rank 12 monster, Ancient Deity Ragnarok. (Atk: 4500) 

Jaden: Uh-oh.

Eto: Vex stop this now!!

Yugi: I got the cards Jaden, they're glowing!

Jaden: Alright I'll be right there.

Vex: No you wont Jaden, I will now attack you with my Ragnarok! 

Eto: (4000 LP) (Draw) No! I activate the quick-play spell Starlight Restream! This allows me to redirect one attack! I will take the hit. 

Jaden: Eto...

Eto: Get out of here, now!

Vex: Attack him Ragnarok!

Jaden de-activates his duel disk and holds the Sacred Beast cards with Yugi.  The spirits of the beasts come together and make Jaden and Yugi disappear.

Eto: Thank goodness.

Vex: But you're not safe Eto! Ragnarok will crush you!

Eto: (0 LP) 

Vex picks Eto up by the jacket and holds him in the air.

"Your hatred for me will fuel this experiment Eto, and I love it." Vex holds his pedant and disappears with Eto in his grasp.

Heartland City - 75 years B.P. (Before Present)

Jaden and Yugi become conscious in the middle of a school courtyard. 

"Another school, come on man." Jaden shakes his head.

"I'm glad we got away from Vex. And the Sacred Beasts are still with me. They pry will be our ticket to travel." Yugi says.

"We left Eto with Vex, again." Jaden says.

"He can time travel at will now, and anywhere he wants. He can out run Vex." Atem says.

Students at this school are a little younger, girls wearing pink uniforms while the boys wore blue uniforms. It seemed to be recess because everyone was dueling. At the upper end of the courtyard there was a duel field with two people dueling. Jaden and Yugi wander over.

"I now XYZ summon Number 39: Utopia!" A student says while completing a XYZ summon.

"Hey Vex did a summon like that too, between XYZ, Synchro and Fusion." Jaden says.

"Do you think we wandered into another dimension?" Yugi asks.

"Why you say that?" Jaden asks.

"Every new place I visit I feel it's like a completely different world and society." Yugi says.

The duelist across the student seemed to be a bit older with tall blonde hair and a dark blazer. 

"I now get to summon my Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon!" He says.

"We need to figure out this place though, that's for sure." Atem says.

"Im hungry." Jaden's stomach growls.

"Let's see if there's something to eat." Yugi says.

Ancient Egypt - 4000 Years Ago

Vex throws Eto down into the sandy ground of Egypt. 

"Welcome Eto to where it all began, Ancient Egypt." Vex says.

"Why here?" Eto asks.

"Because your legacy was written here." Vex says.

Vex leads Eto to the entrance of an Egyptian tomb. 

"This was the tomb of a fallen empress of Egypt named Hera, she was the only female ruler in existence. Looters eventually raided the place so then it became a cite of ancient carvings and story telling." Vex says.

Eto scans the walls of the tomb as their filled and engraved with hieroglyphics every which way. 

"Here." Vex points ahead to a myth engraved in the stone wall.

"It translates to, A chosen person will have a soul so fiery to unlock the powers of future of past. When the chosen one reads this myth they must touch it to go through a test before receiving immense power." Vex says. 

"How did you know of this place?" Eto asks.

"Because Eto, I have done my research over the years, I love history. Now all you have to do is touch this wall for the power to overcome anyone and we can conquer the four dimensions." Vex says.

Eto's eyes conflict between his natural dark color and the dark yellow. 

"You know you need the power. The power to be unstoppable. It's all your Eto." Vex steps to the side. 

Eto's eyes stop conflicting and with his dark yellow eyes he smirks widely and looks at Vex.