Chapter Eight: The Awakening - Part One

DUEL POV 

Eto: (3700 LP) Voltage Dragon (Atk: 2700)

Vex: (4000 LP) Sorrowful Dragoness (3000 LP) 

Eto: (Draw) It's my turn and Ill make it great! I activate the effect of Starlight Phantom in my hand.

Vex: Here we go, he is using his cards. 

Eto: With Phantom's ability I can now deduct 1000 ATK off one monster till the end of the turn as long as Voltage Dragon loses the same amount. 

Vex: (Atk: 2000) 

Eto: (Atk: 1700)

Vex: Well, what else do you got?

Eto: Ill show you. I now summon my Tuner monster Starlight Phantom (Lv. 2) I now tune Voltage Dragon with my Starlight Phantom! (8+2=10)

Vex: What is this!?

Eto: I Synchro summon the Starlight Static Dragon! (Atk: 3200) Voltage Dragon got an upgrade!

Vex: Impressive, I haven't got any record of this thing yet, bring it.

Eto: Oh I will! Alright Static Dragon attack his Dragoness! 

Vex: Agh. (2800 LP) I activate my trap Solemn Burial, with the destruction of my Sorrowful Dragoness I can now summon as many level 4 or lower monsters that equal her attack of 2000. I summon Solemn Paladin from the graveyard (Atk: 300) Solemn Gate (Atk: 100) Peaceful Wraith (Atk: 500) and my Solemn Lancer. (Atk: 1100).

Eto: You just summoned, four monsters.

Vex: (Draw) I will use them all because Solemn Gate is a Tuner monster which will tune all my monsters! (2+1+3+2=8) I Synchro Summon my Solemn Deity Abyss! (Atk: 3800) 

Eto: He just topped his last monster.

Vex: Abyss attack his Starlight Static Dragon!

Eto: No! I activate my facedown trap Draining Shield! I can stop your attack and gain LP equal to the attacking monster!

Vex: Incorrect, Abyss doesn't allow traps or spells to activate during his battles. 

Eto: No way! Agh! (3100 LP) 

Vex: I activate the equip spell Abyss Rainshower to my Deity. Now whenever he destroys a monster, he will halve your LP. The cost of this spell is 500 LP of my own per use.

Eto: This ain't good.

Vex: I end with a facedown.

Eto:(Aside) I'm toast. I gotta find a way out. (Draw) Alright Vex, It's time for me to use your own tactics.

Vex: Say what?

Eto: First I activate the spell Spell Change. This allows each of us to take one spell from each others graveyards. I have none in mine but I remember there being a certain spell in your grave.

Vex: You can't mean-

Eto: Polymerization is mine! Now I'll play the spell Monster Reborn to revive Voltage Dragon! (Atk: 2700) I now play Polymerization to fuse Voltage Dragon with Starlight Magmamence in my hand to perform a Fusion summon!

Vex: You can't Fusion summon!

Eto: My powers must be coming through, cause I can see the new monster before me.

Vex: It's awakening, the prophecy. 

Eto: Come forth my new monster, I summon Starlight Electromence Dragon! (Atk: 3300)

Vex: I'm not impressed, my Deity Abyss still beats Electromence. (Atk: 3800) 

Eto: Not for long because his ability activates when summoned successfully. He now gains ATK equal to all the monsters on the field. Because there is only Abyss on the field he gains 3800 ATK. Power up Electromence Dragon! (Atk: 7100)

Vex: Incredible.

Eto: Now attack his Abyss! Since Abyss is in battle as well nobody can activate any spells or traps, You lose Vex! 

Vex: Agh. How did I lose? (0 LP)

ETO = WIN

Eto turns off his duel disk and scoops his deck into his pocket. He runs out of the throne room while the final smoke clears in the room. He is welcomed to a series of long hallways. 

"Inside of a school huh, come on." He says as he begins running down the hall.

Duel Academy - Past

Yugi enters the flickering light cafeteria in the Academy second floor. 

"Jaden?" He whispers.

Yugi walks around and by the fridge he finds Jaden unconscious and sat up against it. Yugi leans over by Jaden and shakes his face. 

"Jaden come and wake up, we gotta save Eto, he is in danger." Yugi says.

Jaden's eyes open slightly in their brown color. 

"That man, is powerful Yugi. He beat me like nothing." Jaden groans.

"I know Jaden, he took Eto." Yugi says.

"How could you let him get away?" Jaden asks.

"Because Eto saved you. Vex sealed you in a card for eternity unless Eto went with him." Yugi responds.

"Well we need to get going then. Eto won't last long against him, he knows exactly what he is doing. He is gonna push Eto to the limits." Jaden says.

"He spoke of a prophecy too that included him. I know we will be leaving our homes but we need to travel to the future and find them. I also was told there is different dimensions as well." Yugi says.

"How do you suppose we time travel without that Vex guy?" Jaden asks.

"I already tried the Egyptian God cards, what about the ancient Sacred Beast cards from the myth?" Yugi asks.

"They're real, they live under the island in containment." Jaden says.

"I believe between them and the Gods we can at least get started." Yugi says.

Jaden stands up by Yugi, wobbling a bit back and forth in direction.

"Then let's get going. The more time we waste is the more time Vex has to brainwash Eto." Jaden says.

Jaden begins to lead Yugi out the cafeteria with the flickering light reflecting on a card on the floor, a blank slate card with chains wrapped around the design.