Chapter 12

And so, the eight had set off to their first town; Morwick. Not much is known about Morwick, the town is fairly small and hard to find unless you have certain maps. It had average houses and farms, and trails made of gravel. Stuff you'd expect from any regular town. Grayson had been there a few times on his travels. It was mostly paganum that occupied the area, but every once in a while he'd meet another fellow traveller. Overall, it was a nice place to stop by. The blonde found it surprising that Herobrine had left it intact on his last visit.

Guess some places are luckier than others.

While Grayson navigated from the front with Drake by his side, Armen and Mia trailed in the back along with The Crew. It's been some hours since they left the campsite, and it's nice to see conversation hadn't dwindled from the four companions.

"Hey guys, how's it hanging back here?" Armen asks.
"Well, we're talking about fishspiders to keep Rage from bitching, so I think we're good." Hollow replies, laughing when Rage shoves him slightly.
"Hey man, first of all, fishspiders are beautiful and complex creatures-"
"No they're not. They're huge and terrifying as fuck." Evanz pipes in, grinning.
Fluke snorts, smiling at the shorter male. Mia giggles while Armen places a hand over his mouth to hide his smile.

Rage scoffs, waving that remark off. "Shut up Evanz, they're fucking awesome. Second of all, don't pin the whining on me! You know as much as I do we haven't done that much walking in a while!!"
"Yeah, but you've been bitching way more than we have." Fluke chimes in.
The dark-haired male lets out a dramatic gasp, turning his head around to face the blonde. "EXCUSE ME-"
"Oh hush up, Drama Queen." Fluke replies instantly.

And thus, another bitch fight commenced, but this time it's with Fluke instead of Hollow.

Thank god.

"Man, is he always like that?" Armen asks Hollow, nudging him.
The blue-haired male nods, a subtle smile plastered on his face. Of course Armen noticed this and trailed his eyes towards Rage, who was now waving his hands around wildly as he continues to explain how great fishspiders were and that Fluke can 'fuck off because you don't understand the passion I have for them.' He also noted the soft chuckle and sigh that came from the british male. With a knowing grin, Armen nudged him again to grab his attention and wiggled his eyebrows.

Hollow caught on and scoffed, placing a hand on the shorter one's hair and ruffling it.
"Don't say a word, ya lil shit." He said, smiling a little as Armen laughed and push his hand away from his head.
"I knew it!!" Armen says, grinning. "I won't tell anyone- actually, I won't tell Fluke and Evanz. Mia, Drake, and Grayson on the other hand?"
"Oh HELL no."
While the two talked, Rage looked over once the arguement dimmed down. They seemed to be getting along pretty smoothly, and they certainly were. The brit felt something in his stomach growl, and he damn well knew it wasn't hunger.

Fluke saw Rage turn to look at the duo. "Hah, what's wrong Josh? Jealous or something?"
The latter glared at him, face probably pink because yes, he is feeling a little jealous.
Only a little.
"Hold on, asshat. I'm about to blow your fucking minds." The red-wearing male said, walking away from him and heading straight to Hollow and Armen.
The blonde stared curiously as Evanz and Mia joined by his side.
"What's happening?" Mia asks, crossing her arms.
"Hell if I know. Said he's gonna blow our fucking minds through." Evanz shrugged.

Both Hollow and Armen saw Rage coming by. Before either could greet him, he pulled one of them down and kissed him on the cheek.

Rage moves away from Armen and sticks his tongue out at his boyfriend.
Hollow sputters slightly, eye twitching a bit. Evanz and Fluke burst out laughing while Mia giggles senselessly.

Well then.

Armen, the poor boy, rushes away from the others, rejoining Grayson and Drake in the front.
"Nope nope nope. SO MUCH NOPE." He mumbled to himself as he felt his face burn of embarassment.
The shorter boy instantly latches onto Drake's arm. "BROTHER PROTECT ME-"
"I- what??" Drake exclaims, surprised by the sudden contact.
"What is going on behind us?" Grayson asks, laughing at Armen's red face. "And why are you so red?"
"Embarassment. Because the unexpected happened an i'm hoping to god that Hollow isn't planning on murdering me anytime soon."
"Wait- what?? Actually- nevermind. I don't think I want to know." The mage rolls his eyes.

"What are you two discussing here in the front anyways?" Armen asks, finally letting go of the hybrid's arm.
Drake moves so that the shorter can see the map. "Grayson and I are just talking about the route we're taking to get to Morwick."
"We'll be most of the way there before nightfall, and if we keep moving during that then we'll be at Morwick a few hours before midnight." The blonde continues, moving his finger across the map from where they were to the first town.

While the three talked, Mia joins their conversation, looking at the map from the other side of Grayson.
"So, we won't be setting up camp again?" She asks, fixing her bagstrap.

Looks like the two already mapped out two more routes they'll have to take to get to Armen's and Drake's old home.

Drake shakes his head. "Not until after we leave Morwick. The trip to Alverton is much longer, and it doesn't help that Empire guards seem to go through that route."
"Wait- the Empire still visit smaller towns out here?" Armen pipes in again, eyebrow raised.
He's only heard of the Empire and how they're chasing Grayson and Mia from last night but they were already bad news to him, especially when some of the Empire's assassins attacked them. That one with the penguin hat made Armen very uneasy just thinking about him.
"Yeah, for trade and profit. The small towns out here earn some profit from trading goods with the Empire." Grayson explains, rolling the map up.

While the four in the front talked, the other four in the back listened after their little banters. When The Empire was mentioned, all of them looked at each other with a concerned look. Of course the concern was for themselves, but also for their new friends. Being hunted down for almost all your life from, not just a whole kingdom, but an evil god-like entity as well? The admiration for Drake and his friends grew stronger at the thought.

"Can't really imagine what's that like honestly." Fluke says, knowing that the other three were thinking the same thing.
"Yeah, and they've been on the run for what? Four, five years? It's fucking crazy." Hollow replies, playing with the mask connected to his cape.
After that, not much talk came from The Crew. Some chatter here and there, but for the most part it was a calm silence.

Their minds were occupied by the thoughts of life back home, and they felt a little homesick.