Chapter 23

As Armen got to work at the kitchen, Evanz started walking over to Rage and Fluke. Seeing him, the long-haired male stood up and gave the blonde a couple fingerguns before hopping over to Hollow and the others at the counter.
"What was that all about?" The welsh asked, laughing slightly as he stood in front of Fluke.
He sighed, shrugging, which Evanz frowned at.
"Hey, what's wrong, buddy?" He asked, sitting next to his best friend.
Fluke winced, then coughed into his fist. "Dunno mate, guess i'm just..."
He looked to be thinking for a moment, before growling in frustration and ruffling his hair furiously. "Homesick?"
Even Fluke sounded uncertain, but he rolls with it. "Which is stupid because we haven't even been gone for that long and—"

Evanz grabbed his arms gently, pulling them away from the blond's head. "Hey, don't do that man."
Fluke looked back at him as Evanz smiled sympathetically. "I miss home too. You're not being stupid, okay?"
When he nods idly in response, the Welsh lets go of him calmly. The blond sighs once more, resting his head on his hands as Evanz continued to talk.
"We're in a completely new world, with new people, and a new adventure ahead of us." The brunet moved some hair away from his face, smiling awkwardly at Fluke as he glanced over.
"It's normal for you to feel the way you do."
"...Is it really?" He asked, staring at his best friend with almost an intense, dream-like expression.
What is he thinking in that mind of his? Still smiling, Evanz nodded. "Definitely."
Comforting silence, the blond had smiled at him.
The welsh desperately choked down whatever was building up inside his stomach.

Whatever dreamy moment the two had was immediately swept away as the sound of Grayson's voice. "Group discussion! Everyone get over here!"
Fluke and Evanz blinked out of La-La Land, moving away whilst laughing embarrassingly. Wait, had they been moving closer the whole time?

Mia eyed the two awkward boys carefully, smirking. Armen glanced over at the elf, seeing that evil smirk of hers and scoffing. "I may have only know you for a couple days, but I already know not to trust that look on your face."
"What are you plotting?" He asked, full of suspicion as he quickly pointed at her with a whisk.
The blonde laughed, busily kneading dough on the counter as Armen stirred some filling in a pot.
"I'm not planning anything, Armen! Don't worry your pretty little head over it." She teased, poking him on the cheek with a floury finger.
The male swatted the hand away, rolling his eyes playfully. "Sure you're not."

After making filling and setting up the crust of the pie, Mia handed the pan over to Armen who quickly buttered it up and moved it to the oven. With a quick  click, the young male set the oven to the proper temperature and listened to the rest of the group's discussion by the counter. Mia quickly joins him, sitting on one of the chairs.

"So we're here. What in god's name do we do now?" Rage was the first one to ask, hands on both side of his hips.
Grayson nudged Drake, giving him a reassuring look. Rubbing his arm nervously, the hybrid recalled his previous nightmare. "Well, for starters, there's a problem that's drastically rising from the shadows."
He spoke his next words carefully. "Have you all heard of the legend of Herobrine?"
Fluke snorts. "Of course we have. Who hasn't heard of that old ghoststory?"
"Ghoststory?" The hybrid questioned.
"Yeah, he's well-known where we're from, though if you ask me he's a tad bit overrated." Hollow replies, rolling his eyes as he spoke about Him.
"You— you guys don't fear Him?" Armen asked in confusion.
How can these guys talk about such a threat so lightly?
The Crew looked among eachother in confusion.
"No..?" Evanz responds with uncertainty. "Can't really be afraid of what's not real, right?"

Drake smacked his own forehead audibly, grabbing everyone's attention once again. "Right, I keep forgetting you guys aren't from here."
He looked back at The Crew, arms crossed. "Well, unlike your realm, Herobrine is real in our's." The hybrid then gestured at each of his friends. "And he's been more than a ghoststory nuisance in each of our own lives, more prominently with Armen and I."
Rage seemed to have realized something, as he suddenly jolted. "Wait— is he the fucker that screwed you guys over in those tales you told us?!"
The brit recalled the stories the group told by the campfire, remembing the tears that were shed as they did so. As did the rest of the foreign group, watching as Drake nodded.

"That's him alright, but besides that point," The mage reached into his pocket, and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "His original vessel—my original counterpart—visited me in a dream. His name is Collin, and this note gives us clues as to where we should head off next."
Armen perks up at the sound of his brother's name. "Collin??"
He almost pushed himself off the counter in his haste to stand up straight. Mia yelped, keeping her arms near him incase he actually fell on the floor, but the act hardly phased the younger male.
"You— You were in contact with him?!"
Drake laughs a little rubbing his neck. "Well... I suppose i've been in contact with him more than once. At least, when he summons me to his dreamscape."
Armen tugged his own hair slightly, then decided to tuck it behind his ear. "Holy shit. Is.. Is he alright?" The male had an urge to bite his tongue right after asking. It felt... awkward to ask about his brother's wellbeing, it felt weird to care about Collin considering Drake was standing infront of him.
The hybrid shrugged helplessly. "I honestly don't know. He's still stuck in his dreamscape, but he seems.. okay." He decided not to bring up what happened before getting these confinetial pieces of information.

Grayson had a strange look in his eyes, like he was trying to remember something. His eyebrows furrowed when he couldn't and he looked over at his best friend. "Hold on a second, you never told me the person that told you this was Collin!"
"I didn't want to reveal any names until we reached the house, this way it's safer to talk about him rather than in a dark spooky forest or in a crowded Imperial-infested town." Drake explained himself.
Mia looked between the boys, feeling as awkward and out of place as the Crew looked to be. She knew the least about Collin within the group, so she didn't have any reason to speak up.
"In any case, lest we get anymore distracted," Hollow spoke up, catching the boys' attention. The blue-wearing male acknowledged the grateful look he got from the elf, gesturing to the paper in Drake's hand. "Care to share your information?"
The mage nodded in response, unfolding it and reading the three things written down. "The Orcs Cavern, The Jungle's Challenge, and The Magic Library."

DING!

The sound of a timer scared everyone as Drake finished reading outloud, Rage even screamed a little bit. Poor Wisp, who had been quiet the whole time in her comfy corner, jumped up in surprise. Once the loud beating of everyone's hearts started to settle down, the group snickered and laughed.
"Hahaha, holy shit! What timing!" Fluke commented, holding his head.
Armen snorted, turning around to the oven as he put on oven mitts. "Pie's ready, anyone and everyoen who wants a slice gather around!"
Drake smiled as people crowded around his younger brother, the sweet smell of apples wafting in the air. Wisp, curious about the new smell fo food, came rushing over, barking excitedly at the crowd.

The mage crossed his arms, remembering Collin's state before he was forcefully wiped out of the dreamscape. 'Maybe... Maybe I can try to check on him. If that's how it works.'
"Drake, c'mon! There won't be any for you if you just stand there!" The sound of Mia's voice brought him back from his troubles and the hybrid laughed.
He doesn't really want any, but Drake joins the others by the counter, poking fun and making jokes with them.

For a moment, it almost seemed like a normal day to spend time with friends.