Chapter 16

When Drake reaches the end of the stairs he sees half of the group sitting in one of the few tables at the inn, eating bread, berries, and all the sorts; And the other half standing with Grayson as he checks out and has a little chat with Allura. The wolf, which still doesn't have a name, was happily catching small berries that Rage flicked her way. The dark-haired brit giggles as he takes a bite from his bread, finding amusement in playing with the (not-so) little pupper.

"A cute one, ain't she? Playful too." The mage hears Evanz say to Rage with a smile.
"Oh, definitely, dude. Glad we're keeping her." Fluke, who's sitting next to Evanz, agrees as he leans on his friend.
Evanz plays no mind to his blonde friend, but makes sure not to move too much.
"Don't worry, Ev. She'll never replace you!" The Brit replies teasingly, flicking a small cherry his way.
Not expecting it, Evanz squeaks as the berry hits him on the nose. "Ay, watch it- wait, what's that suppose to mean?!"

Rage just grins and ignores the Welsh's question, continuing the play with the wolf. Fluke laughs a little as Evanz puffs his cheeks.
Mia just watches the whole thing play out, eating berries of her own. She sees Drake looking at them and waves. He waves back, chuckling lightly.

The hybrid decides to sit with them, seeing as how checking out shouldn't take too long.
"Hey guys, how's the berries?" He asks, sitting on a nearby chair.
"Ah, hey dude!" Evanz greets. "Pretty sweet of Allura to provide us a bit of breakfast, so it's great!"
"Wolfie here loves them, i've been tossing 'em to her for quite some time." Rage replies, petting the wolf with a laugh.
"That's good to hear, glad that our new companion's playing nice." Drake smiles, taking a piece of bread from Mia and thanking her.

After talking about other things for a while longer, Grayson and the others finally join the group at the table.
"Kay guys, take some food with you, we'll be heading out now!" The blonde exclaims, grabbing some bread.
"So, what took you guys?" Drake asks, getting off the table and fixing his bagstrap on his shoulders.
"Ah, Allura gave us some advice." Grayson replies.
"Advice?"
"One, to get past Alverton as quickly as possible; and two, to keep an eye on each other." He continues, starting to walk towards the doors when he notices everyone set for leaving.
The mage follows next to him. "Well that was kind of her to do."
Grayson nods. "Sounds like she had a rough time there, so since we're just passing by I don't think we should rest there."
"Agreed."

As everyone starts to leave the building, a few waved goodbye to the manager. Allura waves back, smiling. She hopes that the group follows her advice. There's nothing but trouble in Alverton, especially for hybrids.
---------
Time passes, and with how small Morwick is, the group of eight reach the backgates of the town where two guards stood, quiet and cold. They simply watched with caution as the slightly noisy group exited through the gates. And as soon as they did so, the gates fell behind them.
"Huh, looks like that town was set on us leaving." Fluke says, laughing.
"Sure seems like it." Hollow agrees.
The wolf barks up at the two, having been quiet for a little while.

"Hey Drake, i'm curious." The hybrid looks over at Rage, raising an eyebrow.
"What other sorts of creatures are here, in your world?" The dark-haired Brit continued, looking up from petting the wolf, which walked over to the others by the front desk to play with them too.
"That's pretty sudden of you, Josh." Hollow replies. "What's got ya interested?"
"Well, we're in an entirely new world from ours afterall." Rage responds, shrugging. "There ought to be some new species here that we don't have in our world."

Drake thinks for a moment. "Hmm, I guess there's a strange sort of lizard you can encounter within the Badlands."
It was the first thing that came up in mind, but Rage's eyes seem to light up.
"I love lizards! Got one back home!" He says excitedly.
Seeing the Brit smiling the way he is, Drake decides not to add that he and lizards don't really get along.

"Another thing to keep an eye out for are the Nightmares." Grayson pops into the conversation, finding interest in it.
"Ugh, I hate those things." Mia shudders.
Armen chuckles at her reaction. "Unlike these three, I haven't experieneced these scary creatures. Thank God."
"What are Nightmares?" Evanz asks, looking between the four.

"It's hard to say, no one really knows. Though, according to Grayson, they're presumed to be the lost souls of those He took." Drake explains, crossing his arms.
"The Nightmares are sort of like Endermen. Tall, black, thin, the only difference is that their appearence resembles that of a spectre and they fly instead of teleport." Grayson continues.
"They're pretty vicious and actively stalk anyone in the Badlands." Mia adds in.

"Damn, sounds like trouble to deal with." Hollow says to them. "How'd you folks manage to get pass?"
"We fended them off until we lose it or find a shelther to take cover in. As far as I know, there's no real possible way to kill them." The mage answers him, shrugging his bagstrap on.
Fluke cringes a little. He hates it when things aren't easy to kill, means they're hard to get rid of. "Oh boy, then let's hope we don't run into any on our way to Alverton."
Armen smiles nervously. "Knowing our luck? You lot better hope like your life depends on it."

On that note the group of adventurers continued on their path, normal silly conversations and banter ensued while Grayson and Drake led them from the front. So far their journey has been long despite the little days that passed, but who knows?

Perhaps another development on the sidelines could change the course of their travels.