Chapter 2

Drake jolts upwards from the ground, gasping. Instantly he feels a sharp pain on his left side, his more humane side.

"AGH!" Instinctively, he touches where the pain comes from and feels... bandages?

"What..?" Drake looks around, taking in his surroundings.

A beige tapestry arched over his head and behind him in a triangular shape, rays of moonlight entering from small holes in it. Through, what he assumed, was an entrance, he could see the bright orange-yellowish light of a fire.
Looking at around himself, he had a white pillow under his head and a red blanket wrapped over him. Drake turns slightly and sees that behind him, a brown bag sits untouched.

From the looks of it, he's been taken into a tent during the day and he's been out cold until now.

'But how did this person find me? And where was Armen? Didn't Grayson and I-' Memories came back to him as he remembered. '...oh, I forgot..'

"Fuck.." Drake sits up properly, ignoring the pains on his side, and puts his hands to his face, feeling tears starting to well up.

Suddenly, he hears voices from outside the tent and tensed up. One was male, and it sounded worried, the other was female, who sounded like she was trying to calm down the other.
Of course he wouldn't be alone, and sure they helped him to be in better shape, but can he trust whoever is out th-

A girl with short blonde hair, highlighted with orange-ish pink, entered the tent abruptly, which caused Drake to jump in surprise, causing pain in his side again.

"Oh gosh! Drake, are you ok?" She came closer, reaching a hand towards him to help, making the enderman hybrid flinch away. The stranger pulled her hand back once she saw him move away, her elf ears drooping slightly-

Wait, elf ears?

He looks closer and, sure enough, her ears weren't normal ears.

"Drake, don't you rememeber me?" She asks, a hint of sadness in her tone that meant she was hurt by his actions.

But how does she know his name? And why does her voice sound awfully familiar...

"Hold on- Mia??"

Her ears perked up and she sighed in relief.
"Oh thank god, you remember me! I thought you had gotten amnesia or something!" She exclaims happily in the usual cheery tone Drake had gotten used to.
He chuckles a bit. Despite her lack of the familiar ponytail and new clothes, she seems to act as she used to all those months ago.

"It is so good to see a familar face." He says, running a hand through his hair. "Wait, but how did you find me?"
---------
"Hold on before I tell you, take this." She pulls out a potion of healing and hands it to Drake, who takes it gratefully.
"Thanks Mia." He pops the cap open and starts to drink the potion. It tastes quite a bit like grape soda, carbonated and all, so he takes a moment to pause and let the bubbly liquid go down his system properly. "Wow, I haven't taken a potion in a while, I forgot they had distinct tastes."

Mia laughs. "Yeah, being close to death can do that to you."
"Now, continue on telling me how you found me?" Drake says, putting the potion back to his lips.

"Well, while I was wandering through the Bad Lands, I came across a wolf! It ran to me, barking loudly and pushing my legs towards a direction,"

Drake suddenly remembers the dog that followed him and Grayson from the shortcut cave and smiles a bit. Seems like the dog repayed the favor from when they saved him from the spiders.

"So I followed the lil guy, and he brought me to this huge portal out in the middle of nowhere! It was so...amazing!"

He rolls his eyes a bit, causing Mia to pause and punch him on his shoulder, making him stop drinking to laugh. "Hey, shut up! I like old things ok?" She says, laughing.

She shakes her head as he finishes up the bottle. "But then, I saw three bodies on the floor and I started to worry."

Three bodies? But he thought he was the only one that left safely?

"I got closer to see who they were. One I didn't recognized at all, and the other two were, of course, you and Grayson-"

Drake spat out some of his potion, causing Mia to move away from his line of fire. "Ew, gross!"
---------
"Grayson?!" He yells, a little too loud.
"Uh, yeah! I found you, Grayson, and some other guy passed out! I took you guys a little ways into the forest and set up camp! Why do you look so surprised??" Mia exclaims, partially worried and partially scared because why does Drake look like he's about to cry?!

"Where is he?! I have to-" He tries to get up and out of the tent, but feels the sharp pain in his left side again and sits back down.
"Dude chill!" The elf says, worry lining her tone. "You have some broken ribs and that probably hurts like hell!"

"Ok...Ok, wait hold on I got this." Drake replies, putting a hand on his ribs and closing his eyes. He chants under his breath as a purple mist appears to come from his fingertips. In a few seconds, he lets go of his wound.
"What did you do?" Mia asks, watching as the enderman hybrid started to pull off his bandages.

"I fixed my ribs but the pain will still be there, it'll hut less though." He answers, tossing the bandages to the side.
Drake then gets out of his blanket prison and looks over to the female elf. "Now, can you please bring me to Grayson? I need to see him." He says, almost pleadingly.
She nods, and opens the entrance for him. "C'mon, he's just in the other tent."

The two leave Drake's tent and head over to Grayson's tent, where their blonde friend waits patiently, hoping to god that everything is okay.