Chapter 1 (Part 2)

After, what they assumed, hours of seemingly endless mazes, puzzles, and Carminite Guards, Drake and Grayson are just a door away from the Ur-Ghast.

Just a door away from rescuing Armen.
---------
The two equip their best armor and weapons obtained during their scale of the tower.

"You ready Drake?" Grayson asks, readying a Tri-Bow they found within the Tower's rooms.

The hybrid shrugs.

"I'm not sure how long this Steeleaf armor will hold, but it's better than nothing." Drake says, keeping a few levers handy while he holds his Seeker Bow by his side.

Along the way, the two came across a book that tells of four redstone traps that could keep the Ur-Ghast vulnerable for a few moments. All that's needed is a redstone source to activate the traps once the Ur-Ghast is close enough to them.

"Okay, on the count of three we open the doors." Drake says, putting a hand on one of the Towerwood doors.
Grayson nods, placing his hands on the other door.

"One." Drake looks forward, a concentrated look on his face.

"Two." Grayson feels his heart racing, the adrenaline starting to kick in.

"Three!"
---------
They open the door in unison and instantly they shut behind the two as a gigantic ghast hovers above them. It senses their presence and lets out a guttural shriek, opening its charred eyes and glaring down at the adventurers.

The Ur-Ghast summons a great force of lightning that hit the Ghast Traps found in the four corners of the roof, spawning small groups of Carminite Ghastlings to defend them.

Drake looks over at Grayson. He looks back and nods knowingly. In a heartbeat they scatter, running in two seperate directions.

Drake runs to the right, equipping his Seeker Bow and shooting the Ghastlings, taking them down with ease as he readies more arrows. The Ur-Ghast notices this and starts blasting four fireballs at his direction. He's quick on his feet and dodges the fireballs, but he doesn't dodge gracefully.

A final fireballs lands near his feet and explodes, knocking him off-balance.
"OH GOD- OUCH!" Drake exclaims as he lands on his left side.
Thankfully the bow didn't leave his grip, but the Ur-Ghast moves in quickly, ready to blast him into nothingness.
"Grayson! Little help!!"

Grayson, who had been clearing out the Ghastlings in the left, hears Drake's call.
"GOT IT!!"
He notches some arrows on his Tri-Bow and aims at the Ur-Ghast. Once he lines up his shot, Grayson loosens his grip on the  bowstring, letting the three arrows sail in unison and giving a great deal of damage to the Ur-Ghast. It turns around to face him, screeching angrily.

Just as it turns around, Drake places a lever on the Ghast Trap and switches it on.

The Ur-Ghast is suddenly held back by an invisible force and is pulled down closer to the trap.
"NOW GRAYSON!!" Drake yells as he pulls out a Scepter of Life Draining.

Grayson rushes to grab more arrows, placing and releasing them as he does so. They hit the Ur-Ghast, making it screech in pain. After a couple more hits, it starts to wriggle and shake, slowly breaking out of the Ghast Trap's grip.

"You're not getting out of that just yet." Drake says, waving the Scepter slightly and then pointing it at the Ur-Ghast.

A flash of dark red connects the Ur-Ghast to the Scepter as it continues to scream in agony. With each second passing, the Ur-Ghast starts to look weaker as the scepter drains so much health out of it.

Suddenly the Ghast Trap breaks, freeing the Ur-Ghast. Drake quickly move out of the way as it starts to cry, raining explosive and dangerous Ghast Tears. Grayson, however, wasn't able to dodge them in time. A few ghast tears splash harshly on Grayson's leg, burning through his pants.

"GAH FUCK!" He falls onto the ground, hissing.

He rolls up is pants sleeve and looks at the wound, wincing.
In places where the tears hit him an acidic liquid burns into his skin, making it bubble and bleed. It's enough to make him feel very sick, and he nearly throws up.

More ghast tears fall and forces Grayson to roll out of the way, quickly hiding behind some rubble.

"Fuck, Grayson hold on!!" Drake quick shoots arrows at the Ur-Ghast, trying to grab its' attention away from his friend.
"HEY OVER HERE!!" He starts to move back in the direction where Grayson had already cleared out the Carminite Ghastlings.

It looks over to where Drake stands and starts flying towards him, crying furiously.
Once he's certain he has the Ur-Ghast's full attention, Drake runs straight for the next Ghast Trap.
"Almost there, cmon! Where is it?!" He thinks to himself, searching for the other lever.
Finally, he pulls it out. "Yes!! Now to-"
The Ur-Ghast sends a fireball his way, exploding the ground behind him and kocking him off his feet again.
This time though, he drops the lever and it skids towards the Ghast Trap. "NO!"
The Ur-Ghast floats over Drake, dropping its acidic ghast tears around him. He tries to scramble away, but he's trapped.

There's no way he can get to the Ghast Trap.
He looks fearfully at the Ur-Ghast, which is preparing yet another fireball.

This is it.

It's over.

Grayson's badly injured and Drake has nowhere to run.

He closes his eyes, preparing himself for the unimaginable pain that's about to rain on him. He hears it launch fireball, feeling the heat getting closer and closer and closer...