Chapter 32: First Round Of The Tournament

Start from the beginning

“Now, since you are all here in front, you all will be blind folded and this round would be individuality. So once you guess the wrong one ONCE, I repeat ONCE, you’re out and the other members would proceed to the next round. During the second round, once another member gets it wrong, you’re automatically disqualified.” The principal announced.

I was shaking because I was so nervous. I don’t want to lose this tournament.

“Now, the rules would be, no peeking and once you are caught, your group would be disqualified, no second chances here okay? Also, no speaking. Let us begin.”

We were all blindfolded by a long handkerchief with blue and green checkers.

I waited for our turn and it felt like it was twenty minutes and we weren’t able to talk so that was making me crazy!

Finally, the judge came to me and she touched my hand.

“Now it’s your turn okay?” I nodded in affirmation of Mrs. Smith.

She took a spoonful of something then shoved it inside my mouth.

I made the small elastic thing touch my tongue and I could feel it’s sweet..but..

Kind of sour?

It seems a bit long?

Wait! I know this!

“Gummy.” I mumbled.

“Correct. Next.” Mrs. Smith said.

The next was weird.

It has two stuffs and two different tastes that don’t match each other.

The other one was liquid then the other was something round, small.

 I couldn’t distinguish the taste since it’s mixing.

I should taste the other one first before the taste goes away.

I tried to let my tongue search for the round thing when Mrs. Smith pressured me that I only have five seconds left!

Oh no! I’m panicking a bit!

I remembered to pray then.

Lord, please. Please.

I suddenly found it and realized it was mint!

The liquid tasted like blueberry when I found the mint.

“Blueberry mint!” I hurriedly said.

“Nice timing, you only had a second left.”

I exhaled in happiness.

“The last one.”

The taste was melting so fast that I couldn’t distinguish what it was!

“You have three seconds. One.”

Oh shoot! What’s this?!

“Two.”

Wait, what melts fast? Melt, melt, melt?!

“Three. What’s your answer?”

I hesitated at first because I think this is a stupid answer but I’ll try anyway.

“Butter.” I muttered.

“Correct, you’re done.” Then she took off my blindfold then I went back to Drew and Chace.

“You guys survived!” I smiled like crazy.

“Yeah, but we’re not sure of Blake yet.” Drew said.