8: Relationship Cheater Nah, Animal Cheetah Yep

*Lin*
-It was nothing but it was so much more than nothing.

"Hey", Max said with a cheesy but nervous grin as he entered my dorm room.

I glared at him before bringing my eyes back to the little mirror hanging on the bright wall as I brushed my curls.

"So I brought you something", he said revealing whatever it was he was holding behind his back.

It was a small brown box, it took me a while to recognize it. I felt my eyes widen at the memories of that little box, in seconds I was on my feet inspecting the little box to make sure it was exactly what I thought it was and sure enough it was.

"Oh my gosh Max", I exclaimed, "it's mine right?"

"Yes of course the boys and I just wanted to say that we're sorry", he said, I rarely caught this sweet and nice Max so I embraced him without a second thought.

"Apology accepted", I grinned widely and outside, I heard cheers. It had to be the boys.

"Max I haven't seen this chocolate around since we were kids and its so expensive you didn't have to", I cried out, I was happy to have it though I was saying something else.

"I didn't do it alone and yes we had to do it. I remembered how happy you would get when your dad would bring it for you as souvenir from his business trips when you were a kid", he said looking at me.

"Yeah, I remember that", I smiled sadly, I rarely got to see my dad as he lived on the other side of the world, with his stuck up girlfriend, I really missed him.

"Liv I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bring him up", Max said hugging me.

"Hey I'm fine, you got me chocolate and on top of that my favorite one so don't make me cry I wanna enjoy this happily, I can handle someone reminding me of him", I said with a smile, though the wound was still pretty fresh, I knew how to cover it up.

"You sure you okay?" He asked in a low voice so that the others wouldn't hear outside, he knew to respect my personal life from people.

"Yep now go, I'm sure the others are waiting for you plus I don't wanna share", I grinned waving the box in front of him, I knew he didn't buy what I was saying but Max knew better than to push it.

"We will be in the den if you wanna join us, playing video games, okay?"

"Okay", I smiled back at him.

Underneath the annoying Maximus who had an ego the size of the ocean was a sweet boy, a boy who befriended me when I was lonely and questioned myself on whether I was normal or not, he came and rescued me from myself.

Again he's a boy who was there for me two years ago when my father decided my mother and his three children were a lot to handle for him and got himself a woman fifteen years younger than him.

I loved my father, he was my hero and my friend as I grew up. Although he was never available, he was always on business trips, working to support us, I still loved him because I knew he would bring me my favorite chocolate those few times a year I got to see him.

That was until he decided we were a big load for him and he was sick and tired of us, he chose his assistant as a spouse. Rumor has it that they had a secret wedding, he totally abandoned us, he doesn't phone or even write a letter.