Happy - Burgerpants x Nice Cream Guy

I gave them human names

Art by eli-flow on Tumblr

eli-flow.tumblr.com

---------------

„Hey, Sugar!"

The guy, who had before slept soundly on a table, jumped and grumbled something.

„Nice to see you here again. Have you been having a good day?"

The rabbit smiled and dried it's hands on a towel.

„You're always here on my shift. Could it be..."

The other froze up and clutched the unlit cigarette in his hand tighter.

„...that you really like the ice-cream here?"

Sighing content he put the cigarette in his mouth and started chewing on it.

„Just get me an iced coffee."

The rabbit pouted and hung the towel back at his side before he pulled out a pencil and tapped it at his cheek as if he was thinking about something.

„Just an iced coffee? We've got a new ice-cream type. I call it ‚nice cream'!"

„Nice cream?"

The rabbit nodded and chewed on the pencil for a moment, intently looking at the other.

„You know what? I'm just going to get you a big, nice cream shake. I'll be right back!"

„Hey, wait, what?!"

Before he could say more the rabbit had already hopped away and into the cafe.

Sighing he lit the cigarette and exhaled the toxic smoke deeply. He had come here about an hour ago, earlier than the rabbits shift as waiter would start. When he didn't have to work for the fast food restaurant he was employed at he was either in bars, at home or; for a while now; here.

Why did he go to the cafe that day again? Right; because he had seen a hot guy working there. Felix, the rabbit waiter who was just now coming back out with a big glass full of milky, creamy shake.

„Here you go, grumpy."

Felix giggled and set it down in front of him, expectantly squatting down in front of the table and resting his head on it so he looked right up into the others eyes.

„Ah, wait. Before you start eating. You've been here so frequently but I never got to ask your name. What is it?"

Felix got a grumpy stare before the other picked up the spoon and mixed the whipped cream on top with the shake.

„...it's Ralph."

At first trying to hold back his laughter Felix soon was holding his stomach, laughing for about five minutes straight before he straightened back up and wiped a tear out of his eyes.

„Yeah. Ask for my name and start laughing."

Ralph let go of the spoon and concentrated back on his cigarette.

„Guess that's the irony of my life."

„No, no! I am so sorry!"

Immediately shooting up Felix not only apologized over and over but also looked extremely sorry which lightened the others mood back at least a little.

„You know, Ralph is a really cute name. I mean, it fits you so well! Oh, oh, oh; can I call you Ralphi? It's so adorable!"

„Why would you call me adorable? Why would you want to call me by that name?"